Honored Advisor

Walking fields, looking for fair value of this crop.

Oh I know, life ain`t fair, I learned that in kindergarten.   But it seems to me if "they" were figurin` on stealing this crop from us if we got 200bpa at < $3.50 Dec corn.  Well walkin` the fields, the gaps, the greensnap, the small ears that don`t show up driving 60, fair value would be Dec corn at $4.50.  See that isn`t greedy, that would be a fair value at this point in time for what it is right now and that isn`t even taking into account that for every % drop in supply, price goes up 2%.   

Actually I was lookin for an excuse to post this meme I made   Smiley Happy

image.pnghttps___cdn.meme.am_cache_instances_folder595_500x_80104595_pawn-stars-rick-corn-you-lookin-to-pawn-it-or-sell-it.jpg

Esteemed Advisor

Re: Walking fields, looking for fair value of this crop.

I think I'll pawn it and hope Rick's interest is less than what the storage will cost me..................Smiley Wink

Honored Advisor

I could see a farmer bring a load of corn to Rick and he`d say "I need to call in my expert, Ray Jenkins to appraise it"  Ray would say "3 bucks"  so Rick would say "How much do you want?"  The farmer would say, "Your expert Ray says 3 bucks, I want 3 bucks"...Rick would laugh and say "I`ll give you a buck"  The farmer would say "How about $2.75?"  Rick would say "$1.25 and that`s all I can give"   The farmer would say "okay, can you throw in a tube of DB Super Lube with that?"     Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

Maybe we should all take the crop marketing loan thru USDA and make the end users who want this crop bid for it. If CBOT keeps going down it will be loan rate by harvest anyway especially if Iowa, Illinois, and Indiana get the rains that are forecast for the next 10 days. Cause rain makes grain dont you know. Even if there are 4 foot gaps in the rows or poor pollination or it already flooded out a good 2 to 3 inches will make everything right again.