Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Senior Contributor
cowfarmer

We are down in the dumps.

I see the attitude on this site echos the attitiudes in town this afternoon, this is as depressed as I've seen us farmers in a long time. Chin up chaps this market is gonna come back a little bit.

Frequent Contributor
north ia farmer

Re: We are down in the dumps.

cowfarmer,why are you so depressed? If you can't make things work at $7.50 and $14.50 you better find a new job because it isn't going to get any better.

Senior Contributor
NDf

Depressed I think not corn and beans are still at prices; that unless you were in the middle of the drought area, give you a nice profit. I suppose if you still have the majority of your crop you would be depressed. but that could mean that you're insane for not selling at the high levels we have seen.

Esteemed Advisor
sw363535

NDf,

I dont think having a big bunch of this years crop on hand would be depressing at all.  Depressing would have been not having a crop to sell this year.

sw
Senior Contributor
NDf

Yes, but not having fed crop would be worst or not taking the fall price option even if you did. Guys with insurance did pretty good it just sucked at harvest time.

Senior Contributor
cowfarmer

I'm not depresses about the prices, Ive just been hearing a lot of pizzing and moaning. I don't have a lot left anyway.

Esteemed Advisor
sw363535

agree ------- I doubt that many do in reality.

sw