Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Advisor
giolucas

Weather & The Markets

[ Edited ]

Was the weather that bad over the weekend to further ignite this soybean market?  Or did this rain help out the beans in terms of yield?

Veteran Advisor
roarintiger1

Re: Weather & The Markets

99% of the beans in Ohio are ripe........the rain has only hindered and delayed harvest here.

"Failing to prepare is preparing to fail." "Success happens when preparation meets opportunity"
Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

even though the concensus on here from the farmers was that any precip after Sep 15 was of no consequence for pod fill,

apparently, all other sources of info decided in fact the rain after 9/15 DID make a much larger soy crop? i found the comments pretty amusing (informa post).

Advisor
giolucas

Thanks Fellas.

Senior Advisor
Shaggy98

How about the nearly 4' of snow they received in parts of South Dakota, how will that affect their harvesting?  I can't imagine 48" of snow in between corn and soybean rows can be much help.  Is this a new concept of in field drying, freeze dried perhaps?  :smileyvery-happy:

Veteran Contributor
weedman

I'm not sure but I think as you went east in SD the snow slacked off quite quickly. And you have to get east river before there is much row crop raised. 

Advisor
425Cat

Looks like its going to get difficult to get this crop harvested. Looking for a slow grind higher. Going to be tough to get the soft red crop planted also.
Advisor
farmerguy89

I got most of my wheat in before this craziness. Not. Worried. At. All
Senior Contributor
BF2012

Slow Grind....But Not Higher

It's probably time to start considering the possibility we're about to get our azz handed to us on this crop.   There is absolutley ZERO reason for any moves higher....as long as the pipeline is flowing with NC and combines are rolling.....the next couple weeks will see a steady decline in prices....and by the time anyone gets a handle on just how big this thing is...the market will be trading the next big monster 2014 crop.

We're screwed.

I'll bet those seed company yields on seed fields are out of sight too for the most part....probably a big price reduction in the works there....NOT!

Advisor
425Cat

Man don't sound so depressesed bf12. The sun will shine again. Do you enjoy what you do.