Veteran Contributor
sonoma72

Re: What ya going to say.

[ Edited ]

china can't force anyone to sell, so then don't sell...   All those multinationals that closed up shop here and moved there did so on their own, china didn't put a gun to their head.  Same story here, China can't control the grain trade, unless "WE LET THEM!" which is always the case.  If history is any guide, a lot of people will sell out, anything is for sale.  Like I said earlier, thank goodness cargill is private, thus they won't succomb to the "stock price," b.s.   For myself, and call it what you will, I wouldn't do business with a chinese elevator.   IMO they should have never been given MFN status, as their activities at a local village yesterday would dictate.

Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

And I suppose you only buy things stamped made in USA......think about it
Veteran Contributor
sonoma72

And you would suppose right, you won't find any cheap junk in my house or on my back.

Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

O and cargill being private pretty much makes them an easy target if someone has big enough pockets......
Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

LOL......ok.......course you probably don't understand that even US companies have made in China stamped on their products........it doesn't have to be cheap to be made in China even though most stuff is.......you might want to take a closer look
Veteran Contributor
sonoma72

duh.  if cargill was going to get bought out, it would have happened long ago.  not everyone is for sale.  some people have some pride.

Veteran Contributor
sonoma72

you must be joking.  that is why you "READ THE LABEL."  LOL, how ridiculous. 

Veteran Advisor
BA Deere

We spend $4 with China for every $1 they spend with us.  Free trade works, well for someone anyway.  #28  http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/50-economic-numbers-from-2011-that-are-almost-too-crazy-...

Veteran Contributor
sonoma72

You got that right.  Sadly, we don't "have" to buy goods made in china, but most people "choose" to.   The Labeling laws are specific and detailed, about where stuff is made, and assembled etc.   If one really cares about made in the U.S.A., you can do the research and learn how to buy.  Unfortunately, sometimes, I find made in Turkey as a victory. 

Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

No china made tires or bearings ehhhh, good for you