Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: Whatever happened to the "peak corn", "12 billion is gone", "don't sell

This question should be a real slam for illinoissteve and MT, being equated with this entry and wrestler.

Both present opinion with supporting information and thought processes.

Are there folks who are missled by opinions of others??  Or are there folks who don't think for themselves??  Probably.

I am guilty of looking for the positive in the markets.  I want to see the ag economy healthy, and for the last few years we have seen a time when production ag could live without a government support program ----------( It probably could have all along).  

I find it hard to read any thread that chears for the distruction of value for the products we produce.  But then I realize many of us are not producing much and hate that others are.

MT tells me of a region of the country----- I don't care if he is planting 50 acres or 5000, knowing how it is going in his area is worth reading. and if you don't like strong opinions what are you doing in farming.  A guy who puts his all out there is entitled to an opinion.  I don't have to agree, but I want to know his thought process.

Present yours ------- give me that same chance.

Senior Contributor

Excellent post SW. That is why I look forward to reading posts from you and a few others. 

Senior Contributor

Ditto on Slim's comment. And just as SW stated, I want to hear others' opinions so that I can make more informed decisions. So long as the opinion has that supporting info behind it.
This shouldn't be a place for name calling and finger pointing. Why can't a man be happy to see his neighbor do well?
Senior Contributor

Northeast Wis, still at corn at only 24 %, just blew a belt, will continue with harvest in the morning.  Only if the rain stops.  I now have water in the fields, and some ruts. Reports from farmers of harvesting 35% corn to dry.  Ouch. My rollermill went to a dairy farmer with 80 acres of plus 40% corn to put in convention silo. My 89 day corn still had 140 yield and 110 on the sand. I think a lot corn will end up in dairy rations, little to ship out dry.