Ag Talk | Agriculture.com
Community Manager
Jeff_a_Caldwell

Where all's it raining?

It's a flat-out frog-strangler this morning in central Iowa. What's everybody seeing out your window?

-----------------------------------------------
Jeff Caldwell
Agriculture.com Multimedia Editor
-----------------------------------------------
Senior Contributor
Wind

Re: Where all's it raining?

Jeff,  the multiple rounds of thunder storms we had last night and this morning in central IA is what we  where looking for all Summer and it did not happen.  Glad for the rain even during harvest.  For the farmers who planted cover crops this warm wet weather will give them a positive charge.

Senior Contributor
Canuck_2

Rain started here around 11pm last night 26mm in gauge at 7am and still raining.

Heavy rain at times overnight now cloudy and dull with an occasional shower happening.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.
Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Senior Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

You need to get a better grade of frogs if 1 or two inches "strangles" them.

60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Senior Contributor
dairyfarmmn

4.5" since Weds @ 9 PM here. Just north of the moderate risk of severe weather area. But I still see frogs moving about and singing. Guess we have tougher frogs than Iowa. Maybe we can recruit some if them to play football for the goofies.
Senior Contributor
Husker-J

We got light rain, fog and drizzle for the most part.   The main storms missed us, which might very well be a good thing.

I have heard reports of 8+ inches of rain in some areas, and even a stripe of hail, the worst of which has reportedly all but totaled out some fields.

Senior Advisor
sw363535

Tough weekend for a bike trip to the black hills.

sw
Senior Contributor
k-289

SW  repack with bob sled

Senior Contributor
highyields

SE NE 50 miles south of Omaha recieved 2.5 inches in last two days,  areas north of me recieved 6 inches south and west of my are recieved a tornado and up to 2 inches according to local news cast.   

talk of more rain coming, we shall see.  We needed the rain though it was really dry, I was digging post holes earlier this week and it was dry all the way down a 4 foot hole.  I'd like to be combining but we'll just have to wait our turn.   

Senior Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

My brother is half way between Lincoln & Omaha
+4 the last day and a half.Some Quarter sized hail and tornado just south of his place.

When I left home this morn less than an inch
60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."