Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Frequent Contributor
ne 50

Where or How Long...

before we find out just exactly what they passed  over the weekend.... is this another deal like the Health Care Reform Act where it's months or years before we know the changes...

Senior Contributor
Bugeye

Re: Where or How Long...

You're probably going to have to wait until somebody at Fox news reads it then tells congress what's in it.
Senior Contributor
teaspoon73

Some tax increases and ZERO spending cuts.  Once again our Republican leadership shows its inept ability to negotiate. Taking a all or nothing attitude.No Farm bill, didn't have time to look at that. Did keep the dairy farmer from getting any more for their milk. The only sure thing here is more drama in two weeks when the debt ceiling needs to be addressed. They love to see there faces in the media. They could have settled for tax increases and some spending cuts 18months ago avoided the drama and market maniplulation. Congress did get their pay increase, and they are on their own health care and retirement plans.

Senior Contributor
verbatime

Tax increase for 71% of folks.   I think they might have cut something not sure.

Frequent Contributor
ne 50

worried about deduction changes or lack thereof... sec 179 .. excelerated depreciation...   capital gains as it relates to livestock, dividends, stocks, land price basis..  expense deduction changes... no one seems to know crap!

Senior Contributor
farsider
Frequent Contributor
ne 50

Re: Overview from Forbes

thanks farsider

Advisor
Faust100F

[ Edited ]

pe-50 -   Probably going to have to start recognising sales of feeder steers as Ordinary Income and stop taking capital gains on your feeder cattle when sold to the packing house. LMAO!   John

Veteran Contributor
unlgrad

I actually thought we were going to actually do something to reduce the deficeit, what a fool I was!  Wish i could run my business by borrowing with no intention of ever paying back and to top it all off by being congratulated on a "job well done".        I think this is a result of the welfare state in America, too many receiving money to turn accountable in Congress.

Frequent Contributor
ne 50

[ Edited ]

well don't forget to give yourself a pay raise and  pat yourself on the back while stabbing everyone else in the back for doing the "best we can"