Veteran Advisor
ECIN

Re: Where's This Market Going?

Hobby - I seen one advertised in a farm mag. the other day - With all the bells and whisles - it listed out for close to 50,000 . But you can probably get a smaller verison at Wal-Mart for 19.95

Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

I want one with a half mile range.

60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Veteran Advisor
ECIN

We have a big R/C airplane shop on the east side of Indy I go to sometimes - will check with them if they have any .

Frequent Contributor
jweiser1925

Check Amazon they have at leat 2, Parrot will have an update now or soon.

The Farm Progress site at Decatur IL will have a 2-day show in early July.

Jim W

Community Manager
marketeye

Will the drone tell you where this market is going?

Mike

Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

I don't know , don't have one YET

Bet it could show me which ditch and group of trees the cows are hiding in. 

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Esteemed Advisor
sw363535

Ya ----- looking at the crop won't tell you anything about the size of the harvested bushels.  :smileyhappy:

elcheapo ------- If the guy wants to buy HRW wheat, Mike won't report it.  Not important to the market place.

They don't even price it anymore.  

I think you have to go to the crop section, and look it up as a rare specialty crop.

sw
Senior Contributor
hardnox

Well, breaking that down, I guess I tend to think it will go somewhat  lower from here but I'm not so certain that I'm willing to lock anything in when stuff can still happen and the government has financed a floor not too far below.

So first I would be a willing seller of more on any serious rally but I'm not sure that is in the cards. I passed on 4.50/12.50ish recently and that's about the best I see happening for quite a while.

Probably bin what I can hold for basis gain and carry, maybe sell some calls out into winter to enhance profit.

As I said, kind of a whimper rather than a bang but if the crop continues well and with some good sales on not too bad really, if nothing goes really wrong it will be year 1 of the post ethanol surge/new farm bill transition booked with decent results.

Senior Contributor
Wind

ECIN,Hobby-my son has built and flown RC model planes for years and last year mounted a special camera on the plane and took some amazing pics.  Not pricey at all.  The difference is you have to fly the RC plane and a drone - preprogam it and let her rip? Not really sure how they work.  If the price of  grain continue the slide I'll be looking for some non-GMO economical seed corn from somewhere, any ideas out there?  58* here now and a north wind at 20MPH.  

Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

Clover Hill Hybrid Seed Corn Co.

Audubon, Iowa

Non gmo

56# bags (cloth)

$30 unit last year