Veteran Advisor
Jim Meade / Iowa City

Who Sold On The Bounce?

Did any of you with corn left sell some or all on the bounce?  If we get this kind of a weather bounce now, what happens if we have a drought this summer?  If we don't have a drought this summer, how many with corn left in August will wish they'd cleaned out the bin in May?

Ah, yes, marketing.

Veteran Contributor
nitefarm

Re: Who Sold On The Bounce?

NO,. I did not sell

Advisor
c-x-1

traders

Advisor
Red Steele

Its May 1, and snowing in southern MN. Predictions are that we may see accumulations of 4-5 inches. Most of my corn was gone last fall...my soybeans were the worst since 1988, and I am not in a huge hurry to sell what is left this spring until I see signs that we actually are going to produce a good crop. Maybe someone else is going to feed that huge hog herd until october corn comes in and maybe those ethanol plants quit chewing up corn, too. My thoughts are that it is going to be very difficult to fill unit trains once we get to July.

"Peace on earth would mean the end of civilization as we know it" Joseph Heller
Senior Contributor
teaspoon73

Nobody is selling corn as there are snow drifts in the fields yet, and the lakes still are covered with ice. Latest ice out on lakes in NE SDak. on record. Why do you think the basis is in on the plus side big time. Sept corn on the board is a steal. USDA is loosing 200 million of 2013 new crop corn inventory they usually count for old crop corn on Sept 1.  Nobody is feeding wheat either. Zero new crop corn on Oct 1.

Veteran Advisor
roarintiger1

I moved some corn......but didn't sell it.

"Failing to prepare is preparing to fail." "Success happens when preparation meets opportunity"
Senior Contributor
buckfarmer

Sold what I had on DP. Still have less than a load in the bin.
Veteran Advisor
ECIN

Does it count if i picked up the phone 2 times to call them BUT -- set it back down and didn't make the call -- :smileysad:

Advisor
c-x-1

good for you, ECIN........that's what you gotta be buddy---strong handed-----------------------------