Ag Talk | Agriculture.com
Community Manager
Jeff_a_Caldwell

Who's slingin' mud out there?

I don't mean the figurative kind...I'm talking literally! Just ask Marketeye how muddy it is in Warren County, Iowa, here -- may or may not be muddy enough to get a skidsteer stuck! 

So, who else is slipping and slopping around out there this week? We're on day 3 of some pretty good showers. It's really starting to get sloppy around here. 

And, while we'r'e at it, anybody have any good tricks to get a stuck skidsteer out of the mud?! I may or may not know a guy... Ha!

-----------------------------------------------
Jeff Caldwell
Agriculture.com Multimedia Editor
-----------------------------------------------
Senior Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

Re: Who's slingin' mud out there?

Muddy here at the end of the Rainbow here in South Podunk Country, Ioway

Almost 1 1/2 inches.

60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Advisor
Pupdaddy

No tillage being done here in NW OH, but I'm betting there are some sandy fields being planted to oats this week. And I'm sure there's a few patches of sweet corn going in.

Veteran Advisor
Nebrfarmr

Rained most of last night, and all morning here.

To pull out a skidsteer, get a long chain, and grappling hook.  Wait by the nearest RailRoad tracks, and throw the hook so it catches on the locomotive, as it goes by.  Have the other end hooked to the skid steer.

disclaimer:  not responsible for damage caused by anyone crazy enough to try it

Senior Contributor
Wind

1.19" so far here in central IA.  Nephew  in western Kansas, 1.35.  Just what their wheat needed.  A little sweet corn planted here too.

Wind

Senior Advisor
sw363535

sw ks-----------1.5 inches ----

sw
Contributor
jayalmill

Don't want to rub anything in, just trying to pass along the information

Bone Dry is EC IL.  A few guys have ran their planters on <100 acres.  Could use the rain to be honest. 

Senior Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

NW kansas...1 1/10 to 1 3/10th ..The wheat is exploding in growth... three weeks early in growth stage, most is jointed.

Looks like a great crop as far as bu/acre but getting VERY supceptable to frost or freeze from here on out.

60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Veteran Advisor
Shaggy98

2" in Central Kansas.  Raining has stopped and sunny and warmer days in the 7 day forecast.  Looks like everything will be green and growing.  Winter wheat really looks good and starting to grow like mad, sure hope we don't get a late frost.

Community Manager
marketeye

Heavy fog this Friday morning in central Iowa. The sun is right behind the fog, thank you God. Not sure how much rain we have had this week, but it has fallen everyday since Monday. Skidloader is out, logchain was used. :smileyhappy:

Mike