Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Veteran Advisor
Palouser

World course grain prod/consump - excluding US.

Interesting graph on world course grain production and consumption - NOT including the US.

Sent to me by Jerry Gidel and put together by

Dale L. Durchholz

AgriVisor LLC

1701 Towanda Ave.

Bloomington, Il. 61701

309-557-3147

309-557-6854(direct)

Foreign grain.png

Esteemed Advisor
sw363535

Re: World course grain prod/consump - excluding US.

I have been expecting the world production to look like that but did not expect the world consumption(excluding US) to go with it.

Kind of takes away the idea of over production.

sw
Veteran Advisor
Shaggy98

If consumption has been more than production for 30+ years, why do we still have grain on hand or is that where the US makes up the shortage?
Senior Contributor
lsc76cat

Assuming the graph is correct then the production trend will catch & pass the consumption trend in the not too distant future.  Doesn't bode well for US exports does it.  Not to worry - lots of variables.

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; Genius will not; Education will not. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "Press On" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." Calvin Coolidge
Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

[ Edited ]

if one examines closer,

it appears consumption is beginning to diverge (overtake) from production -- very last few mm of graph.

yep, looked at it again. top line is getting slightly steeper to bottom line of late.........this would concur with news we all hear about expansion of middle class in India/China at a more exponential rate.

Esteemed Advisor
sw363535

Gotta assume u.s. exports are included in consumption side. -------I am not sure.
sw