Ag Talk | Agriculture.com
Veteran Advisor
Shaggy98
Veteran Advisor
roarintiger1

Re: Would this be a game changer?

Darin is right on the money.

"Failing to prepare is preparing to fail." "Success happens when preparation meets opportunity"
Senior Advisor
sw363535

It hasn't been a game changer when I said it ---- but I wish it was-    -------- some one always pops up and calls me a "conspiracy theorist".

But I agree with roarintiger1, -------------------- He is------ Right on the money.

The whole process looks corrupted as long as they spend so much time trying to predict the future and allowing the trade to prop up usda ego's.  Like much of usda's activity the reports have lost focus and purpose.

Darin says it very well.

sw
Senior Contributor
k-289

Gold standard of production assumptions left to private forecasters - I would hope that would leave the weather privy folks out of the equation --- "Leaks"  can be an interesting word in the commodity carnival --- 

Senior Advisor
sw363535

USDA defends its ability to predict production a season ahead ------ with production largely controled by weather yet to happen.

And nearly at the same time refuse to factor in weather events that have happened until harvest results are in.

It is pretty obvious the "weather " has never factored in to usda's equations on production.

sw
Senior Contributor
k-289

SW - I agree on that as I'm not sure who has the highest batting avg. - my computer weather forecaster or computer stock broker annalist ?   Fiduciary is an interesting word in this arena ---