Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

Yields.........disappointing........

[ Edited ]
Coming out of southern Iowa........... Hoping for 180 to 200.........120 to 160........test weights all over the board......sub 50 to 56

This heat has done some major damage.....

Soya are borderline disaster........

What have you been hearing?
Senior Contributor
Blacksandfarmer

Re: Yields.........disappointing........

Just got back from town, I stopped at the local elevator and they said they are expecting corn to start rolling in sometime next week. They told me they had a customer come in with a sample of corn that tested 21% moisture. That same customer told them the corn stalk still had some green in it but the cob was dry. Soybeans have given up, and looks like harvest will start sometime next week for them as well. Rain at this point will be mostly cosmetic.

Contributor
dobrmf

Just got done reading Ray Grawbaski evidently the bean crop is a bin buster? I thought dry weather in August and Sept hurt beans. What say you tiger.
Veteran Advisor
jennys_mn

I went out and looked at a bean field near me that had turned brown. What I found is what I had figured. Pods were basically flat. When I popped open the shell, the three beans inside looked normal as they laid in the shell, nice deep yellow color, a little less than normal size, maybe if hey had been round about 3500 seeds/lb. Took one out and it was about the thickness of a penny. Talk about a yield hit. These things are probably 6000/lb. I haven't had a chance to look at these dead corn fields yet to see what the yield looks like. I'm sure it's not good after seeing what these beans looked like.

Jen
Senior Contributor
pritchh

Re: Yields.........disappointing........sympathies

sorry to hear of your troubles. other yrs the  WCB was good ECB bad.  Much of the crop is  good, and much in ttthe  ECB will see record yields.  Net we are down. we all know that  but perma bull no matter what   isn't intectually honest.

Rgds

Advisor
time:thetippingpoint

"The ECB will see record yields".

Pretty sure you are taking 3x the prescribed rate of your meds P buddy. But as you say another uninformed view.

Advisor
425Cat

Maybe a month ago but not now??

Senior Contributor
IllinoisSteve

Record yields?  No probably not.  Really good yields?  Yep.

Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

so let me ask you this.............

troubles in one area.........other areas good..........

your comment is net we are down..........

down from where...........

do you realize the 13 year national average is 146..............

lets see...............95M acres with 86.45M harvested acres.............at 146 is.................12.6B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if we are net down a bit..........lets just say 144..............12.4B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

get my point..............trade thinks we are 13.5Bish..................

also, I have seen the posted yield results coming out of IA and IL.............take it from someone that knows where some of those IL and IA yields are coming from.................not very many 2's on what should be 220-240 ground, and at least 2 of those counties in IL i have seen 270-280 across the scales..............and a lot that are at least 20-40 under where they should be............and guess what, the early stuff will be the cream..............if this is as good as it gets.............well you will think what you wanna think..........

Senior Contributor
IllinoisSteve

Re: so let me ask you this.............

You don't know jack about Iowa and Illinois Tigger. Did it ever occur to you guys that a lot of early yields being reported are from stressed ground? I can take you to the best counties in Illinois and show you a few hundred acres of crap ground. This ground will stress under heat and dry even in a good year. You guys want to believe that the early reports are the best because they were planted first. Not true. Later yields like in the next two to three weeks will blow your mind. Still around 13 in my opinion.