Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

You Know a Drought's

.................................................going on when 1-2 feet of snow gets everyone this excited!

Veteran Contributor

Re: You Know a Drought's

I haven't paid to much attention to moisture situation over midwest since winter has set in. I know western wheat belt

is still very dry and any moisture would be help. But for the corn country i have seen there has been rain but usually

rain in winter doesn't soak in like it does in spring or summer. I cann't imagine that soil have recharged yet but i guessing

some areas are receiving enough moisture to get crop growing and into growing season but will be dependent on timely

rains . My guess the government and alot grain experts will be were right on track to grow their trend line yield for the coming

year. I think were way to early to know what this crop is going to be but my guess it won't be the trend line yield being put

forth. If we reach those numbers alot of things had to go right through the whole country and that happens not very often

and begins with favorable conditions from the begining. It sure going to make for interesting marketing year and sure going

to be some big winners and big loosers depending on what happens with the weather.

Advisor

cx, in northiowa I'm more worried about "catching up" in a week or 2. which it can easily do here. I've spent a good share of my adult life, trying to get rid of excess rainfall or thinking about it. Extremes make averages.

Veteran Advisor

idalivered, i've heard that about N. Ia - that u normally have excess rain to worry about. what'd y'all get -3-6" of snow this time?

Advisor

6-7