Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Advisor
c-x-1

Your Local Weather

[ Edited ]

Automatic updates--gotta like this!---colder central midwest (auto-update feature)

Cold and Rain moving east-ward going to mid month. What are your sources--local meteorologists saying in your Parts?

IL soil temps range from 37-46 degrees...far west Nebraska has 50-52 degrees. Looks like Ka just below 50.

Is anyone in the Main belt (Ka-Mo northward) going to get some fieldwork done by Apr.15th???

Temperature

6 to 10 Day Outlook - Temperature Probability
Precipitation

6 to 10 Day Outlook - Precipitation Probability
Veteran Advisor
Shaggy98

Re: Your Local Weather

wx_weekly_300

Sun: Hi: 73 Lo: 49 Clouds and sun, windy and warm. A chance of showers late.
Mon: Hi: 73 Lo: 55 Clouds and sun, windy and warm. Chance of a few showers and storms.
Tue: Hi: 67 Lo: 39 Clouds and some sun, mild. Chance of showers and storms.
Wed: Hi: 50 Lo: 30 Clouds and sun, windy and cooler. Chance of showers, maybe thunder.
Thu: Hi: 56 Lo: 36 Partly cloudy and milder.
Fri: Hi: 62 Lo: 38 Partly cloudy and milder.

7 Day forecast for Central Kansas

Seems like the weatherman is getting less optimistic for our chance of precipitation next week.  If we do miss the rain, hoping to get pre-emerge herbicide sprayed during the week & possibly think about getting corn in the ground starting Saturday the 13th.  May wait until Monday the 15th on planting, just need to wait and see about weather.

Advisor
nwobcw

How dry is it in an area that had rain last summer?   The local volunteer fire dept. was out 4 times this week for field fires. A neighbor who digs graves for the township says the ground is dry all the way down and crumbly, normally slabby in our clay.  Soil temp is 34 degrees as of Thursday.  My personal moisture indicator, the woods on the back 44, is dry as a bone, even where water normally stands till mid June.  My pasture isn't even thinking of greening up yet.

Senior Contributor
Wind

Central Iowa at --6:30 AM SAT.  Wind S at 15MPH  Temp. 54*  (that is a very positive change).  We have a 70% chance for rain Sunday and Tues. nights with smaller % between those dates.  

Senior Contributor
JCCWIS

New snow up in Nort. Cent. Wis. this morn......on top of the 6" of old snow !!! No Apr. planting this year......hoping for May 5. Last year was 75% planted by May 1. Mother Nature rules !!!   John

Veteran Contributor
67guy

50's and 60's here for next week with chances for showers and thunderstorms just about everyday.  We could use the rain.  No field work done here yet.  Still a little bit of frost in the ground here and there.  Planting corn this time last year.  I don't wish for a repeat of last year though.  We all know how that turned out!

Contributor
dozer876

Here in southwest Oh going to be a great day today. High 60's and enough wind to keep the anhydrous out of your face! First full day in the fields was yesterday. Looks like a 50 percent chance of rain most of next week.
Senior Contributor
k-289

N E  Nebraska - I dug down 4 ft. In a creek channel today and NO percolating water in the stream bed which I have never seen in 5 decades in our bottom ground  - usually the post holes would fill up in over noon hour ---   

Advisor
c-x-1

wow k-289!

-------- notice the auto update on 6-10 day forecast

c-x-1