Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

bugeye.........

http://community.agriculture.com/t5/Marketing/the-new-anizasi/m-p/293875#M30601

you hit on something in this above thread that I thought deserved its own focus.........

while I dont believe we are at peak P just yet............

IMO there is something even bigger at hand with P..........and K for that matter..........

if you look at the common denomenator of really high yields............one that always comes to the top is P and K levels in soils..........heck even Dr. Below says its one of the pre-req for the 300 bushel quest.............

now we can argue inorganic vs organic forms, and there is certainly a case to be made...........

BUT........the real issue, IMHO is this..........

our soil testing and test, along with recs and management are geared for averages...........not max yield.......and really are somewhat flawed..........especially with regard to P and K..........we spend a pile of time and money chasing after ROI with N because it pays really quick if done right...........

P and K are a time based return..........

Now dont get me wrong, we dont need to run out and put down a 400 pound shot each year, but if you take pH and liming for example..........we have all probably seen soils that needed a pH boost, so we limed with high quality material and the needle barely moved..........but the CROP RESPONDED.........

IMHO we are not paying enough attention to the P and K because our soil test are telling us not to..........think about the removal rate on 240 bushel corn..........or worse yet, have you seen how much K soya can pull from a 70 bushel crop..........

and since the ROI of P and K are harder to understand, do you really think it will get much attention if things go to 4 and 10..........hard enough for them to get some air time at 7 and 14.............

ergo we are slowly mining the good soils.............(PS, I read an article somewhere recently that said just that, the deep black soils of Iowa are not so deep or black anymore).............and the poor soils take some much to overcome the hurdle, its almost a waste to go past the bare minimium..........

I bring all this up.........because its another piece of a multi-spoke wheel that makes up PEAK CORN...........

Senior Contributor
Wrestler

Re: bugeye.........

Peak??

Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

wrestler.........

wrestler...........shouldnt you be in bed.........you have preschool tomorrow...........

did you tell IL steveo HI for me????????:smileysurprised:

Advisor
c-x-1

Wrestler, read all 3 pages of the thread MT pasted above for answers. thx

Senior Contributor
Wrestler

You posted nine mins ago. I have asked a couple questions that I would like an answer to. Superman, please respond.

Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

i did too.........did you tell IL steveo hi for me...........:smileysurprised:

Senior Contributor
Wrestler

Re: wrestler.........

I don't know why this board licks your balls. Everyone wants to be bullish. 

Senior Contributor
Wrestler

Pasted.  Maybe you should use spell check as well.

Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

Re: wrestler.........

did you tell IL steveo hi for me.............LMAO............:smileysurprised:

Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

you registered yesterday..........and have basically made it a point to follow me around and have zero credibility..........pretty much speaks for itself.........

again, tell IL steveo hi for me...........:smileysurprised: