c-x-1

c-x-1 bean zone...Wheat buy-tgt=787^4

[ Edited ]

.........so we are long at 1431 looking to exit 1442^6 tonight

standby for risk stops or adding positions

Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

Re: c-x-1 bean zone

being a counter mini-trend trade.............breakeven stops on longs-------------be patient for target---------------use your trailing if thats mgmt style, etc.

what we are MOST interested in are the sells mentioned in "2011 bean highs" thread

Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

[ Edited ]

half out @ 1434......back in 1430 (long)

give her 1 more chance to take out 1435.....if not.......flatten and wait for sell.

19:31- good volume @ lows....give it a few minutes to rally

stop 'em all below 1427^4

19:48- hangin' by a thread......

Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

[ Edited ]

19:55- remove stops in beans if your comfortable..............all grains appear to be stablizing now.

Wheat has the best technical setup---stay w/ that buy-- avg= 772-- allow it to take out (day) lows if it needs.......

Advisor
giolucas

Re: c-x-1 bean zone...Wheat buy-tgt=787^4

[ Edited ]

Cx1,

I am also long and looking to get more around 1425.6 .  I still think we might make a little pop up before South America brings in the record crop.  SO THEY SAY.  We haven't had one inch of snow in Chicago for about 330 days.  I know, who cares about Chicago but some of my trader friends are thinking thislittle thing called DROUGHT might continue.  WHO knows.

Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

Thx for the post gio,

i'm glad we took out our stops BELOW 1427^4---with this being our LOW print so far..............how are you with that short-term target overnight?..........WOW.  Chicago only 1 in of snow & it's almost Feb!!!......WEIRD, WHACKY WEATHER continues, ey?

They're still calling Drought  a LITTLE thing. Hmmmm.......next few months will be choice for sure as Ferris used to say. Tell your trader friends to browse around the Drought.gov site a bit....going back to 1999 (as far as palmer data goes), it has NEVER been close to this dry, coverage and intensity-wise this time of year......also, look at the PALEO-CLIMACTIC DATA. ...gives a broader perspective of what kind of cycle US might be in.

Advisor
giolucas

Cx1,

I do not know if you know the Grandma's investment club.  The Beardstown Ladies-16 older women from a small town in Illinois-that pooled their money and substantially outperformed professional money managers and made millions.

We should think about that. I will put the first $5k-$10K and get a club going.  Trade one or two days out of the week and trade heavy.  Lets see where that can take us.  Just a thought.  

Veteran Advisor
c-x-1

[ Edited ]

20:01- highest confidence w/ wheat....beans are sitting right about 2:1 risk/reward..i might stop half pretty tight, go to bed.................see where we stand in the AM...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- gio, that's an interesting idea! We could cap it @ 20 guys, set up the L.L.C. 1-2 days/wk....maybe 3. hmmmm-----we could go heavy while individually-only small risk......so it'd be a consensus type thing where/when we decide to go in and exit, yes, if i understand this idea. 20 guys X 5K = 40-50 CONTRACTS/TRADE to begin---beans is what yer thinkin', yes?.............this could really add up......esp. if we reinvested say half or even just a third of profits moving fwd. i like it. c-x-1

Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

Make me #3 ?
60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Veteran Advisor
Shaggy98

I'll be #4.  Sure this isn't a pyramid scheme?  LOL