Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Esteemed Advisor
sw363535

greenstuff Gio

giolucas,

You got to the computer early and changed the colors,  good work.  

What happened to beans-----------not trading according to my screen  ??

Any news driving the change??  I am just starting to read.

sw
Advisor
giolucas

Re: greenstuff Gio

[ Edited ]

I'm long corn and waiting for a pop up. Have been patient but corn takes forever to move compared to beans. Might buy beans around 1396. Beans can get to gap up but need supportive exports and strength from corn and wheat. I don't know why beans suddenly went south.

Esteemed Advisor
sw363535

a friend is saying another 20 cents down in corn then back up.  I am trying to find chart or news support for that and I don't see it.   Basis is strong and usage has not depleted.

Bean export inspections have been pretty strong for beans ahead of this drop.  I sure expect it to stay strong this week with cheaper prices working into the picture.  I'm not sure how long that lag from pricing to inspection would be----days or weeks.

sw
Senior Contributor
farsider

corn treading water waiting for the EPA's decision on RFS? I'm wondering what they will do too more as curiosity then concern. EPA has shown a level of inflexibility over the years and with the election over along with corn off its highs, prices dropped with the market not intervention, who would of thought. Where are the stories of shortages and high priced food? I know next year but most people live in today and aren't concerned about the future price as such. The only story I have seen lately was related to the thanksgiving day dinner comparing price today vs 1986( don't know why that year was chosen) but The 2012 dinner is about 10$ cheaper then the 1986 dinner in today's dollars, interesting.

Advisor
giolucas

Thanks SW and Farsider,  for the information. 

I think people made some good profits taking soybeans to around 1428 that they started to liquidate.  That is my guess.  I