Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

head scratching........

[ Edited ]

-30 for lows in the upper plains and midwest.........dry as a bone..........them boyz up there might just learn why wheat was grown instead of corn all those years.........the corn gravy train might be over.........

land values are a funny thing..........IMO we are near a top for awhile..........

corn acres............HMMMMM............IMO 99 isnt there.........east will have bigger gains than west........and overall if it dont rain, it will not matter too awful much.............

peak corn..........its a unique concept that plays hell with acres and land values especially when you throw in weather..........

"go long agriculture".............WTF............pretty sure a select few of us where there way before some high roller event in IA that happened on a Friday in January of 2013.........

economic recovery.........HMMMMMMM..........I wonder how many have figured out their paycheck is 2% lighter since Jan 1st.........

just how big is China............and the bigger question, just how hungry is China.........

SA can grow the biggest crop ever...........but shipping it is like shoving a basketball thru a garden hose.........

take government completely outta agriculture and food prices would be as high or higher than today..........dont believe me, just read and listen to all the discussion on insurance rates, premiums, and prices.........

NA drought monitor is freaking scary...............

keep on eye on bobblehead at all times, and keep your powder dry............I dont like where this is headed.........

Frequent Contributor
bigrock4076903

Re: head scratching........

i am  bullish land - if we are at "peak corn" than I think land prices still have room for more improvement.  unless corn starts with a 4, I don't think land prices have peaked. 

bubbles are formed by leveraging - most land purchases are not terribly leveraged.  however, corn with a 3 or 4 would start a slide;  interest rate increase would change things in a hurry too.

everywhere in the country land is hard to come by.  lot of big farmers and investors well positioned to put lot of money into land.

world wide weather trends could continue to push land values in the sweet spots. 

you may be right about land values at the top, but I really think we will stay there.

good dirt and water - pretty simple.  good dirt, good water supply, great value.

Sweet spots.

Senior Contributor
Bugeye

Sounds like a quote right out of the 1978 Successful Farming magazine. lol.
Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

peak corn doesnt necessarily mean corn is going to 10.........it probably means corn isnt going to 3..........

also, I never said we were in a bubble with a huge correction coming.........I simply said we are topping...........

JMO

Senior Contributor
Wrestler

MT: Does your arm ever get tired from patting yourself on the back?? Also, learn to use spellcheck. You and ICF can take a class together. I haven't figured out yet which one of you is more full of himself. It's a tight race. I saw your post earlier about land values. You have stated that land is close to a top. Just curious, how much have you purchased in the last ten years? I would be willing to bet that you haven't purchased anything and you are butthurt. Could be wrong. You might have bought the 40 that you were raised on.

Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

Friend
Wrestler

I see you were registered 44 minutes ago..........that pretty much sums your comments up..........tell IL steveo hello for me..........
Senior Contributor
Wrestler

I was hoping that you hadnt passed out already. Answer the question. How much land have you bought in the last 10 years? I know the answer already. Peak corn. lmfao

Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

Really dude.......really........

Again, tell il steveo hi for me......

Senior Contributor
Wrestler

I asked a question? And I will ask again?? How much land have you bought in the last 5 years?? Thats what I thought.

Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

Dude....really.........

again tell il steveo hi for me.....