Honored Advisor

Re: less than expected

Thanks cheapo   I anticipated the bigger can comment from ECIN or any of a few of us, but his "pop-corn" crop brought a good laugh.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Advisor

Hobby will call that kansas humor.......and something about casting pearls..............

Senior Contributor

Just opening some early corn up here 18-21%. Not to surprising considering lack of rainfall this season plus the late planting. Running at 164.4 this evening add in drying and freight i’m Screwed. One of my lower cash rents 80 acres at 285$ an acre. Cash price if sold wet out of fields-190$ an acre. My soybeans are later than most in area however haven’t touched them yet. Hearing right around 41bpa and plenty dry 9-11%. Same rent for another 50 acres next door would figure-125$ an acre. Good luck out there gentlemen we’re going to need it. F ring market!!!!
Honored Advisor

2017-10-06 11.11.13.jpg

2017-10-06 11.17.20.jpg

Ecin, tried your suggestion, think we're going the wrong way,  should be using those little 8oz cans

Elcheapo,  wish it was pop corn,  with those size ears, would be more buck to the acre. Maybe I should see if it'd pop?

Advisor

Now the new PR mantra is "Where are we going to store all that corn?"  Don't see it as a big problem in this part of the state (southern half of IA), especially since every week of later than normal harvesting buys millions of bushels of storage space due to usage.  For those getting rain after rain, I guess that problem is solved by storing it on the stock in the field quite a bit  longer. Seems like the PR spinners are the new drama queens. This corn crop is wet, it will not come out 'quickly.'

Senior Advisor

Agreed jec, except in the eastern belt it is pretty dry after all the 90's and limited rain  in sept. As usual after a dry late summer, Oct is off to a very wet start, 3" so far this week...PLUS with all the corn starting to go down, storing it on the ear on the ground is a viable option, no storage charges!  :-)

Veteran Advisor

Popcorn and beer works !!
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

I;v told you both before about grandpa telling me to get a wife with small hands...same thing!   Smiley Wink