Ag Talk | Agriculture.com
Veteran Advisor
ECIN

Re: let's see some field shots!

It was  getting alittle ruff to cut to the West near evening - Dang wind layed down - and the dust just sat there . lol

my documtims 568.jpg

Veteran Advisor
Shaggy98

I understand ECIN.  I hate gorgeous sunsets accompanied by light winds.  Sucks you have to harvest in such harsh conditions.

Veteran Advisor
ECIN

Hey Shaggy - You haven't heard the worst of it buddy - The FM side of the radio is OUT ! Have you every --EVERY tried to find anything on AM ?  I would just as soon listen to Slim Whitmans greatest hits all day as to listen to Talk radio ! - OR listen to the weather band - over and over and over ! :smileyhappy:

Veteran Advisor
Shaggy98

Ya I remember you telling me about the radio issue yesterday.  Looks like your going to have to suck it up and do what the rest of us do in these situations.  Park the **bleep** thing until you get a replacement radio.   ROTF

Veteran Advisor
Shaggy98

Oh and ECIN, I calculated it.  It was from 0300 Friday to 1500 on Sunday.  60 hours is quite a marathon even by my double dipping standards.  I've had about 12 hours rest since then so I'm catching up, also by my standards.

BTW, I had the chance to ride along all day this past Saturday in a JD 9870 shelling my corn.  I know I'm a red paint kind of a guy, but I must say that was one sweet ride.  Only thing I was scratching my head about was the 8R 30" head.  He said he traded off the 12 for an 8 because it worked better in some of his rolling hills ground and it went right along with the 24R planter.  The darn thing barely covered the duals.  He had row guidance but it was giving him fits.  He said me planting into milo stubble and splitting the rows was what the problem was.  Still scratching my head on that one, if that is all it takes to row guidance issues I would say the technology isn't perfected yet.

Advisor
jennys_mn

Combining beans here by Randolph, MN.  Not sure what the yields was.  There's two JD out there comining - 2nd is in the dust ahead of the first one.  Very, very dusty.  Good thing it's windy here today.

IMG_0621.jpg

Jen

Senior Advisor
kraft-t

Re: OOOOOOH! Slim whitman

Time for a little remenissing with Slim on You Tube. Try it you will like it.

Contributor
seedy

Well Ken,if the dust is that bad just turn on the autosteeer.Makes that problem go away.

For you, no charge.

Contributor
Gambler

DSC00032.JPG

Contributor
Tarheel farmer

Took this shot while picking corn about two weeks ago. Several young black bears out playing around. This corn went 2050923131628.jpg bu/acre. It would have done better if not for the bears help, they will tear up an acre just to get a bushel.