Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

Re: let's see some field shots!

[ Edited ]

Need a few more days like this on the 13th

DSCN1188.JPG

DSCN1196.JPG

Planted in 30 in rows @ 120,000 running about 70 in this area of the field.

60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

[ Edited ]

ResizedImage_1382065973975.jpg

ResizedImage_1382067174437.jpg

Not bad for a planted pop of 26100.

60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Senior Contributor
Blacksandfarmer

Looking good hobby, what was the moisture and test weight like on your corn?

Senior Advisor
kraft-t

My goodness those beans look good!

Senior Contributor
Blacksandfarmer

We finally got harvest done here on our farm. The first picture was of me running soybeans. Those beans only made 35 bu an acre. Lack of August rains made soybean yields a little disappointing. The rest of the pictures are of corn harvest. Most of the corn made between 170 and 180 bu an acre, which are record yields on my farm. The weather was great, and I was even able to get my wife and Grandfather in the combine to run a couple passes. Overall, it was a good and bountiful harvest.DSC04565.JPGDSC04571.JPGDSC04596.JPGDSC04606.JPGDSC04619.JPGDSC04644.JPG

Esteemed Advisor
sw363535

Good looking corn.

And a great pic with smiles and hand signals from the cab.

Looks like you all enjoyed.

sw
Senior Advisor
ECIN

Nice Pics. Blacksand !   --- BTW  In the shot of the 2 guys in the cab -- which one is your Grandpa ?

Ken

Senior Contributor
Blacksandfarmer

Ken, my Grandfather is the guy on the left giving the peace sign. He is 79 years old and still farming some. BTW, is it normal to have a combine turn the black color like ours did this year? When we were done harvesting corn our combine looked like it had been working near a coal mine.

Senior Contributor
dairyfarmmn

Blacksandfarmer, are you happily married? :smileyhappy: And how many harvests does this make for your grandpa?

Oh yeah one more thing, what's with the red combine, blue tractor and green hat?
Veteran Advisor
Shaggy98

Great pictures BSF, and congrats on your crops and being completed. It brings great joy to my heart to see the "Old Timers", (and I use that phrase very loosely), still hard at it. My granddad ran his own combine until he was 84 years of age, we were all standing around one night after we finished wheat harvest enjoying a cold one and he said that particular year was his 74th harvest. He also said after his 75th harvest, he was going to turn the keys over to me to be the primary operator of his combine and that he would just drive around after that and help us just with the moving from field to field so to speak. That conversation was held in June, and we buried him the following April. I guess what I'm trying to say is, enjoy these moments and memories while they are still available. I lost my granddad and my dad about 5 years apart and quickly went from having a harvest crew and operation to becoming a one man chain gang.

For the record, I would trade it all in to make one or two last victory rounds with each of them.