Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

looks like.....

Its getting nasty in NIA and SMN..........never bet against mother nature.........sounds like water over roads........and pounding rain.......and the I70 corridor got it the other night......

Funny part is chicago and USDA is in rain makes grain mode.......bring on the TARA challange......170.......wow
Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

Re: looks like.....

lets see rain makes grain? I was flooded and haven't planted one kernel or seed. I70 last week, I90 tonight, I'm thinking I need to change my vote to 190ish. :smileywink:

60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

O and remember that post about trying to refill the profile during corn planting being bad....well.......
Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

Hence sell into soya rally.....let corn ride....
Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

And it looks like not much of IA will be spared at this point......
Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

[ Edited ]

It is just here now. Nothing like keeping the mud freshened up. 3;40am

No need worrying "nothing is going to turn out all right any way".

hows this for getting a crop in the ground?

http://weather.weatherbug.com/IA/Winterset-weather/local-forecast/7-day-forecast.html?zcode=z6286

60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Veteran Contributor
bullrider685114

Well... 3.5" in a 18 hr. period has put water over the roads, big ponds in all fields, cut gullies. tiles now running full. so much for the early start, replant now a REAL possibility. WC Indiana.

Veteran Advisor
roarintiger1

Looks like.......investing in tile was the right choice....investing in the irrigation might pay off later....

Ok,  what percentage of the 53% corn planted is affected by this sudden overabundance of rainfall?  How much of that will need to be replanted?  So much for the record planting pace.

Another question.....if farmers plant a field twice, does the USDA count those planted acres twice?     :smileywink:

"Failing to prepare is preparing to fail." "Success happens when preparation meets opportunity"
Esteemed Advisor
sw363535

It was allowed for in the original numbers. :smileyhappy:

sw