Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

million dollar rain.....

A good one this time.....lot of wind with it, so might be isolated damage, know more tomorrow, but it was sure nice......

What are these markets going to do if the cowboys in DC don't get it done this week......

This dome breaks a bit and some showers hit a few more areas markets going to want to move lower.........IMO its more opportunity.......you guys know my stance on acres and production......spring was rough and this heat is taking bushels away.......again soya are a sleeper....

On a sidenote......the other site went down hill fast......I finally just pulled the plug..........forest for the trees and cut of their nose to spite their face......
Advisor
time:thetippingpoint

Re: million dollar rain.....

You clearly live in the right spot if you had a big rain this weekend.

Senior Contributor
rightone

Re: Takes only 4 simple changes

for the dc folks to go to an equity based flow up money system and fix the deal.

Granted alot of free grease now to tons of special interests so they are not going to fix anything.

Perhaps some see that increasing the debt limit is rather redundant ( the broke just borrow more thus get broker is the TRUE read on that supposedly responsible???? issue ). 

Glad U got that rain.

Do know that the heat last week though hard on livestock, was just what a bunch of the N cropping area needed to get corn/beans up to speed ( canopy temps were within reason and the heat units helped too ).

Cost affective cattle for every environment here.
Advisor
rayjenkins

Re: Takes only 4 simple changes

Mizzou-----in your post you say "IMO it's more opportunity"

to do what????

Veteran Advisor
Nebrfarmr

All I Got

Was a hundred dollar sprinkle.  :mansad:

Glad someone is getting the much needed rain.  Around here, the heat indexes are above 100 every day for about two weeks, actual temperature has been over 98 7 or 8 times in the last 2 1/2 weeks or so.  The Arabs smile a little bigger every time a rain misses us, as with this much heat, irrigation takes a LOT of water, and a LOT of fuel to keep up.  Luckily, we are supposed to have 2 days with highs around 90 or in the low 90s just in time for pollination.  No idea if it heats back up again.

Dryland corn looked good 2 days ago, today it looks fair, with spots of good, spots of poor, but every day without rain will start making big differences in yield.

Advisor
nwobcw

3.4" in 6 days after going 6 weeks with only .9"   Too late for corn but the beans are sure looking nice.

Veteran Contributor
patriot3031376

Too late for corn? I live within a county of you and I feel that it will benefit this corn tremendously. We are just at blister on the early planted stuff and pre tassel on the June corn. Perfect timing in my mind. The beans do look good. Be thankful, My stuff in Henry County got .3" instead of the 3 to 5 inches we enjoyed here.

Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

Ray, short answer is this......corn crop is going to be short, even if its more than last year, I have the same feeling now as I did late last August......except last year I was unsure on the soya side.....this year they will be short too, literally and figuratively........short answer on demand, still there in big doses.....

This corn market has traded a range last few weeks.......6 to 7........IMO they will break it seeing rain......however I just feel like too much damage has been done all spring and summer.......like I have mentioned, 2011 will be worth as much or more as 2010 was come next winter and spring......

Really short answer is buy the dip as the crop is short and world is hungry...
Senior Contributor
Pat in CMO

Glad someone got rain. Still dry and hot here. Slight break from the heat here today (only 96).  Patrick

Frequent Contributor
muddymiller

Rains real spotty here in sc wi. 10 mi N of me reported 3+ in. I got a wet sidewalk. The dog could"ve done that much.