Honored Advisor

near as I can tell

Looks like an over abundance of rain in the prime soy areas of Brazil.

Appears something like 25 mmt is at some risk of mold, rotting,speouting, etc.

Reports of them trying to harvest 20 to 34% moisture beans. That is not advisable in cool, or cold weather, but it works even worse in 80°f Temps.

Soy Roy may still be right...don't sell soybeans in February.
Going to put the hurt on getting that second crop corn planted in a timely high yield potential time frame too.

That is the crop that would compete with us on the world stage
Honored Advisor

Re: near as I can tell

That 25 mmt is one fourth of their crop, that is the part that floods the market.

Also the rain will slow the marketing of the crop due to severely damaged roads due to heavy loads on rain soaked/softened  road beds.

Esteemed Advisor

The USDA is about to put out their predictions on yet another record crop here in the U.S.A.    

https://youtu.be/d-diB65scQU

Don't worry, be happy.

Advisor

Soy Roy is saying don't sell cash beans in February.  He is not saying don't sell new crop beans.

Both should go up if Brazil is that bad off.  This must be pretty sudden, eh?

Honored Advisor

All is not lost down there, just in peril, and not going well.

Honored Advisor

It`s funny the elevators around here really frown on beans over 16% and over 18% the dock is pretty bad, so bad that I`ve been too scared to take any in to find out exactly what the punishment would be.  I don`t know but 30% beans?  maybe a $2 dock? or more, at that level around here they would turn your truck around.   But you hear things about Brazil, where they usually dry beans and use the scrub wood over there for the heat source.  But margins so thin, how can drying beans work?