no bad yields seen on the pofarm tour

indiana.......185

nebraska....163

illinois.......196

minnesota.....170

iowa.......178

ohio.....182

south dakota.......152

There is no bad corn in the corn belt which will raise the national averages.  Minnesotat is below the three year average but it is still above a 170 nationa average.  The huge once in a lifetime yields more then mask the nebraska and south dakota averages.  I don't have the acre breakdown to average out the results, that will be tomorrow.  Lets see the magic chip will use because he throws out the Pro farmers tour results and compiles his numbers to match the fsa.

Senior Contributor
IllinoisSteve

Re: no bad yields seen on the pofarm tour

What did Iowa and Nebraska average in 2004?
Senior Contributor
farsider

Steve, Iowa average was 181 and Nebraska 166 in 2004.
Advisor
vrbuck

The Nass had mn at 164 on the last report and the Profarmer tour had them at 170.8.  It looks like the Mn crop has to get bigger during the next report.

Contributor
Clayseia

Pro Farmer 2013 had Minnesota at 181.09 and NASS final came in at 160.  For the 5 years prior to that, Pro Farmer averaged 176.25 while NASS finals averaged 169.6.

Please explain from that data why the MN crop has to get bigger.  I know, I know, you can't.

Veteran Contributor
Doug N

Clay you are right it does not have to get bigger.  I think MN is maybe low 160s.  Lot of damage done early in the growing season.  In reality it does not matter the yield per acre but total bushels that come out of the state.  I think if you average every acre that was planted in MN this year that we would not break 160. 

Veteran Advisor
jennys_mn

Where did Profarmer go through in MN? If it was S MN, sure, those yields are probable. But when factored in with the whole state, our average always drops. And, if you factor in how far the crops are behind as you go north of Minneapolis, we could still see a crop that overall, is average at best - and could be much worse. Time will tell. But basing aN crop average based on a few stops in S MN is not telling even a part of the story, let alone the whole story.

Jen
Esteemed Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

Faulty data in, 

Faulty data out.

Without a representative sample, might as well just admit it was just a beer run.

60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Advisor
vrbuck

Hey clay you ventured over here, glad to see it. Can't wait for the selfie photo op. I won't get booted by the moderators here for saying its a big crop a prices are going lower here. Your group doesn't have as much sway here.
Frequent Contributor
turdypointbuck

Its a smaller crop than first thought. Needed 2 of I states to go over 200, I'm lower my yield to under 170 at 168 as of today.