Honored Advisor

Re: off topic-tid bit- catchy tune?

Advisor

Cx1,

are you OK?   I never heard that song before.

Veteran Advisor

Lots of fear this morning on the wires talking about a pull back in equities. I realigned my positions a few days ago, and have 20% of the exposure I had in the market when I got out a little over two weeks ago. The stocks I have now, I plan to keep and weather the storm. GE, WYNN, RTN, and a couple of health sector stocks I'm going to hold. Kept 1 non bond fund, a municipal bond, and still have some bond exposure on stuff that pays a good dividend that I plan to roll out of soon (2-3 months). Rest is cash right now.

I agree with what someone said earlier, that a lot of money is waiting to buy a stock market dip. I'm probably going to look at the third quarter of this year (late) before jumping back in. We'll see. For now, I think I'm pretty safe.

Jen
Veteran Advisor

gio,

you never heard that tasteless, talentless - yet catchy song back in the early 80's?

what do ya think?

Highlighted
Veteran Contributor

[ Edited ]
c-x-1,
I'd forgot about that song, haven't heard in years. grew up listing to Fleetwood Mac, Journey, Boston etc...........

but what I remember most, and still miss to this day is my granddad, uncles and a few friends setting
around on Sunday afternoons and play great song like these and more!!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=luUK-b6X0ik
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rWHniL8MyMM
Veteran Advisor

nice, KY_TOB.

I'm not much of a country music fan, but my dad's parents were ALL country - moved to Houston in the 40's from the stix in upper east TX..

as far back as i can remember (4-5 yrs old - i spose) i would so much look forward to "SPENDING THE NIGHT AT GRANDMA & PAPA'S -pronounced paw-paw."

.... the afternoon/early evening highlights were watching "HEE HAW" and "The Lawrence Welk Show" - i enjoyed being with them soooo much i kind of enjoyed those shows!!! - so i was exposed to a lot of country music. Johnny Cash - certainly one of the best.