Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Veteran Contributor
unlgrad

Re: peak corn....book mark it....

I should be able to dream, 1st year I don't have a bushel of corn or beans in the bin.   Glad to see 2012 crop year go and look forward, I hope to a better year.   Last summer, neighbor put up a new 30,000 bu. bin, didn't even use it.  Next year hopefully will be better.  And we are still dryer than fall 2011.  5 foot deep drier.   Envious of all those tile lines running in Ohio & Indiana.  Always believed in the fog and the it rains in 90 days untill last year, should have been as wet as 93 with all the fog we had in Jan. to end of March.

Veteran Contributor
glenlivet18

Remember the words of the great trader W. D. Gann: "The history of the world shows that there never has been a time when there was a great demand for anything, whether it be a product of a mine, factory or farm, that sooner or later a supply in excess of that demand did not develop.  This is but a natural law."

So I agree with highyields, I doubt we're going to run out of corn.  I thought we were supposed to run out of corn last August, according to some people here.  Higher prices, sure, and that probably means somebody's going to have to go without.  But if the price goes high enough they'll be planting it on the White House lawn. 

Veteran Advisor
roarintiger1

glen, good post!    There are gonna be more folks doing without their normal grain supply in the future no doubt.     Those that wait may be disappointed.    

"Failing to prepare is preparing to fail." "Success happens when preparation meets opportunity"
Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

They outta grow 500 bushel corn on the white house with as much manure as that bobblehead spews.....
Frequent Contributor
BlackCattle

Lol. MT what are your thoughts for 2013 crop prices?
Veteran Advisor
Jim Meade / Iowa City

It's easy to forget that meeting a great demand doesn't have to mean we produce or have more of a product - it can mean the demand is way less for any number of reasons.