Ag Talk | Agriculture.com
Senior Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

the new anizasi

I went for 5000 mile fly about last week. The part from Chi to LA. Was a real thought provoking trip. The land was brown and desert like.
Thoughts of the Anizasi disapearance almost A thousand years ago came to mind. A drought event like they experenced is not out of the realm of possibility.

How much longer are we going to be able to do and subidize unsubstianable activities on marginal acres?

Just a few ?'s I have been mulling around the last few days
60% of the time, it works every time.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

Re: the new anizasi

PEAK CORN???

Senior Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

Much bigger than that

Try peak civilization

All civilizations fail when they over run their food. We are not there yet BUT...

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end."
Senior Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

The biggest thing I saw was a real lack of Snow especially in the mountains. Things need to change real quick.

Advisor
c-x-1

Have y'all looked @ the paleo section on drought site? N. Amer. had "spells" worse than the '30s last 200 yrs pre-1200 AD.

http://www.drought.gov/drought/content/products-current-drought-and-monitoring/paleoclimatic-data

Senior Advisor
Hobbyfarmer

Yes that was the reason for the Anisazi reference

Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

i agree on the peak civilization..........

we are not there yet, not by a mile..........but what we are seeing in commodities is a glimpse..........its the start........

you thought the fiscal cliff was a headline story.........my guess is, we go over something much bigger and much worse when its all said and done.........

this also goes hand in hand with a net zero sum with regards to standards of living and wealth on a world scale..........everything will rebalance until the zit pops........

doubt I am around to see that, but who knows.........

Veteran Advisor
Shaggy98

I'm a little slow, what's all this peak talk?

Peak Corn.....

Peak Civilization...

Whats it all mean?

Advisor
c-x-1

browse a little on link i posted above, Shaggy - gives one a broader perspective

Veteran Advisor
Shaggy98

I've read the entire thread & have heard MT talk about it for several weeks now but have never figured out what it meant.