Honored Advisor

Re: tumbling tumbleweed

Unless you were living under a rock, everyone knew there was a drought in California that only broke this winter.  So, was there a huge avacado crop between November 9th, 2016 and now that President-elect Trump somehow destroyed? 

The news has been "high priced avacados because of supply".   I don`t doubt if there are some people that look at whatever personal problem they are experiencing and automatically blame the Republicans and if they believe it, they aren`t technically lying.  But, just because someone says something doesn`t make it true. 

Veteran Advisor

The drought was officially declared over a month or so ago, but it's been raining there for some time.

This business owner has been able to get a supply, up until a couple of days ago. HIS words - not mine - call me a liar, call me what you want. This business owner felt it was because of Trumps feud with Mexico. If he was wrong - then he was wrong. But this is the FIRST TIME they have not been able to get them. I'm just the messenger....

Jen
Veteran Advisor

Now, if you don't mind, it's a nice day, Ian's I want to get my pickle ball game in...

Jen
Honored Advisor

I`m not calling you a liar Jen, you don`t like nationalism and populism, you`d rather depend on the government and globalism.  And that clouds your opinion of Trump, not right or wrong, some people like to live in a cage.

Honored Advisor

We have proof that most of the intellectual property has been sold.

Frequent Contributor

http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/Home/RegionalDroughtMonitor.aspx?west  

I don't know what buzzfeed article you read about the drought, but the drought is not over in SW united states.  Is it diminishing more and more each week? Yes! But according the drought monitor, California still hsa 46% of the state in a moderate drought, 10% in a severe drought and a little under 1% of extreme drought. You can't grow a corn crop in one month, i would assume it would be the same for avocados.

Esteemed Advisor

There has been a drought in Washington DC for quite some time.    I am hoping the Trump gullywasher ends it.  Smiley Wink