Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

weather

local weatherman claims we have 5 potential storms coming at us starting supe bowl weekend and finishing first week of March.  Basically one a week........

the superbowl weekend storm will likely be a dud, as the farmers almanac is calling for a huge storm to hit east coast...........talk about irony........first northern climate outdoor superbowl in how long and it could be an epic winter storm........

also said we might be in for another blast of cold air, similar to last one, wow thats cold..........also mentioned a 52 day cycle..........whatever that means...........

more regional and national forecast say we are in for normal to maybe even a touch mild and dry rest of the winter..........

geese are flying north in mass..........at least around here.........have seen more in the sky headed north than ever before..........

so whats the good word..........anyone got better resources or a good gut feeling for that matter........

Advisor
c-x-1

Re: weather

[ Edited ]

the geese would be most reliable source if they are flying high (8-10k feet).

they would be sensing winters end already.......................................................or run out of food supply south of your location.

Veteran Advisor
roarintiger1

My gut tells me that even if the tickets were given to me,   I wouldn't go to a Superbowl game EVER......... in February........in New Jersey.......

"Failing to prepare is preparing to fail." "Success happens when preparation meets opportunity"
Senior Contributor
Slim123

I wonder how the highway traffic will be in New Jersey then.

Frequent Contributor
kyjlong

Hard to tell. Maybe need a traffic flow check?

Veteran Advisor
roarintiger1

You do know that Christie's orders were mis-heard don't you?   He was trying to lose weight and told his people to seal off the "fridge"............not the "bridge".

"Failing to prepare is preparing to fail." "Success happens when preparation meets opportunity"
Veteran Advisor
Shaggy98

We're dry as hell in Central Kansas, beggars can't be choosers, if we get a blizzard we will take it.
Senior Contributor
k-289

Shaggy  -  Don't  worry  - I see Barton County is on the border list of the drought relief list to the west of you - get in there and sign up --- on reality side I share your concerns --- 

Veteran Advisor
Shaggy98

If I remember correctly, it's only low interest loans. Not interested in that even if it's at 0%, but thanks for thinking if me 289.
Senior Contributor
farmerguy89

Quite the predicament here... South too dry, north has 4 feet of snow and alot of corn to do...at least in this area. Must be 4 ft of snow. It's packed hard now. Must be 6" of snow to an inch of rain. Could b some pp coming if the general non stop precip pattern continues