Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Community Manager
Jeff_a_Caldwell

weekend rainfall

So, anybody get a frog-strangler over the weekend? We had good, steady rain most of the day south of Des Moines, but definitely not what they had down around Lamoni, IA, where our pals over at Freese-Notis Weather say they had 8 INCHES Saturday! Wow! I heard the stat yesterday that that's about 3 inches more than Des Moines has had all summer! 

Here's a little more from Freese-Notis. Let's hear those rainfall reports! Anything to write home about? 

-----------------------------------------------
Jeff Caldwell
Agriculture.com Multimedia Editor
Frequent Contributor
frank232

Re: weekend rainfall

Might have had enough rain to wet the concrete here in southwest WI...  North of here it wasn't any better.  Beans here are still developing (although the deer are hitting them hard)...  Getting late for rain to make any sort of grain.

Senior Contributor
Wind

We had a very slow .74" over the week end. Dallas county Iowa.  Thursday night in Western KS my Brother-in-law's rain gauge ran over at 7".  They where very dry.  The ponds are full and running over!!  No more hauling water to the cattle for awhile.  Lots of moisture now to drill their Winter wheat.  Gove county KS.

Wind

Community Manager
Jeff_a_Caldwell

Wind, where about in Gove County is your brother-in-law located? That's pretty amazing they got that much! I grew up in Sheridan County -- my dad said they had 1.6" on Saturday. 

Jeff Caldwell
Agriculture.com Multimedia Editor
Senior Contributor
Wind

On Castle Rock RD just north of Smokey Hill River.  SE Gove Co.  Their farm was in the Bull's eye that night.  

Senior Contributor
too close for comfort

Hi Frank: where are you in wi? I'm between Sauk City and Spring Green and had 6 tenths. Hopefully done irrigating.

Advisor
nwobcw

2" over 6 hours Monday morning which gives us a total of 5.4" in August.  July rains totaled 3.4".  Still having 90 degree highs.  Ottawa county Ohio.

Senior Contributor
tree fmr

[ Edited ]

Had 1/2 inch in Northern Poweshiek county Iowa (report from my brother).  Should help the beans, not sure about the corn.

I am underway in the western Pacific.  We just had a typhoon go over Okinawa, 120 Knot winds, and another smaller one over Taiwan.  No reports of damage yet but they are very well prepared since they get hit by smaller typhoons frequently.

Seas are abating so should be smooth sailing for a few days anyway!

Wish everyone a safe harvest and thank you all for the updates from home!

Contributor
deerguy

3.4" Wayne co. Iowa.  Came slow

Veteran Advisor
roarintiger1

1" here in NW Ohio yesterday.

"Failing to prepare is preparing to fail." "Success happens when preparation meets opportunity"