Highlighted
Senior Advisor

well it looks like the........

[ Edited ]

mayans forgot to flip a page.............I guess technically the 22nd isnt here yet.........but we have just about made it thru the 21st........

so hopefully the sun comes up tomorrow and we all awake to a beautiful day..........

I tell you though..........witnessed something today that makes you wonder what this world is coming too.........

was in town today, busier part.........stopped at a stop light, second vehicle in line..........Im in the right hand lane, there is a string of cars to the left of me as well, it was an area that had 2 lanes for each direction.............slight incline, and of course snowpack/ice.........

light turns green........car in front of me trys to go, and just spins........I back up as much as I could to give him room to back up and hit it again........nothing, still stuck..........I glance over at the left lane, same deal.........gal first in line is trying to get going and stuck.......

so I wait like another 20 seconds to see if they might have some luck...........nothing........

I look around a bit, NO ONE SEEMS TO CARE OTHER THAN THEY ARE GETTING IMPATIENT...........

SO, I get outta the truck and walk up to the rear of the car in front of me and just start pushing..........didnt take much, about 20 seconds he was on his way..........as he drives off he AT LEAST HONKS a THANK YOU..........

As I turn around to walk back..........all I see are stares..........BLANK FING STARES...........NOW MIND YOU, THE GAL IN THE LEFT LANE IS STILL TRYING TO GO........as I walk over to her car, I am still looking at all these people, probably 16 plus at this point or more..............NOT A SINGLE ONE EVEN GETS OUT TO CHAT.............just BLANK FING STARES..............

SO, i walk up to the gals car and just start pushing...............took a bit more as she was on ice, but I had better footing, about 20 seconds later she was on her way..............I didnt get so much as a freaking THANK YOU...........

I turn around to walk back to the truck...............ALL I SEE ARE STARES............BLANK FING STARES............

I couldnt believe what happend.........honestly I am still in shock............it was just like those Liberty Mutual pay it forward commercials..........

TRUE story guys.........and it happened in IA not MO............

Please take the time to "pay it forward" if you have the opportunity this holiday season, or anytime..........

with all thats wrong in this world, especially in the last week...............maybe one of those blank stares I saw today will turn into an aaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaa moment................

Honored Advisor

Re: well it looks like the........

What's the surprise? You were in Iowa ...right? They voted for Obummer... They think only the Govt can help and only the Govt can fix things.

You'll be lucky if you don't get a summons and a fine for obstructing traffic when you left your vehicle and were pushing that person in the other lane out.

That blank stare was the same one they went into the voting booth with.  You better hope they didn't think to get your plate #. You're infringing on some ASME workers job. If we don't hear from you again we'll all know why.

It'll be your AAAAAHHHHHH moment shortly.

Honored Advisor

Well it's time to buy a new calender.----------- Got our moneys worth out of the last one.

Esteemed Advisor

Way to go MT..........now all those folks think that you work for the governement.....:Smiley Wink

Advisor

Well, it is well known that Iowa is a rural backwater, with a judicial system and educational system only one notch above that in Louisiana.  Today you witnessed city folk behavior, they did not know what to do, you did.  That is why when the end time comes in about two years, you will survive and these pathetic self centered, materialistic, SOB's will parish.

It is great you gave them a helping hand, but like hobby says, you may have had to have a license to do what you did, maybe those who appeared dumbfounded, did not have a license to extend a helping hand.  

Yes . . . AFSME will be attempting to unionize all car pushers in Iowa.  Sad, Sad state of affairs.  I mean the state has gone to hell in a handbasket, with men marrying men, and women marrying women, and soon I am sure we will grant their pets human rights.  Sure do not want to shoot an animal in Iowa, you will be n the slammer.  Adios Amigo. John

Senior Contributor

You find that attitude when holding the door open for some also. Some a-holes do not even acknowledge you did the act of kindness! I generally say loud enough so they hear "you're welcome"! Some think they are owed it. That is the mindset of many, unfortunately. Do unto others....
Senior Contributor

Well, there is another side to this coin. My wife, eleven year old son and I were leaving a cafe the day after the snow when things were pretty icy. My son and I were standing in the hallway waiting on my wife to pay the bill when some elderly people slowly shuffeled up the icy sidewalk. My son, all on his own with no proding from me , went over and held the door open for them. Me thinks all little boys should be required to do at least three years in the Boy Scouts.

Honored Advisor

[ Edited ]

American federation of certified motion engineers----------- The AMCME.  Can practice without licensing in Iowa.  

East of the Mississippi it takes an advanced degree and a license. --------------- and in metropolitan areas--------- kevlar.  Smiley Happy

Veteran Advisor

WOW MT, sounds like the trend of humanity for sure. Most peoples' worlds are shrinking fast.

"all the busy little creatures chasing out their destiny, living in the pools they soon forget about the sea" - Neil Peart

...where the pools were cars, & the sea was "the streets and the world.

Veteran Contributor

C'mon guys. Don't paint such a broad brush here about us Iowans.

I think it has more to do about where and when you were raised.

It seems that the more rural setting that you were raised in the more respect you have for your fellow man.

Also there seems to be an age factor. The younger crowd and I'm talking about the 20's and younger,

they seem to be too interested more in their smart phone than seeing what's going on around them.

I say let's continue to lead by example. Help out whenever and however we can no matter how big or how small.

Let's pay it forward and maybe our actions and attitude will catch on. Continue to set examples of how it should be.

Our younger generation needs to see these type of respectful actions daily. So let's continue to do our part even if it's not followed by a "thankyou".

Oh by the way we here in Iowa not "ALL" of us voted for the guy in charge and yes most of us are still pretty good people.