Agriculture News, Markets, Weather, Ag Talk, Farm Machinery | Agriculture.com
Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

well...........

corn isnt there..........look for things to continue to shrink...............

soya increased and demand ATE IT ALL............look for things to shrink here as well..........

Senior Contributor
p-oed Farmer

Re: well...........

OH..... So now u tell me that the drought was real?....... Geeeeees.......:~)......p-oed

This information is worth what you payed for it...... :~)
Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

get long.......

the crow market...........them boyz on the other site must have a good recipe, cause they been eating for a couple of years...........

Advisor
rayjenkins

Re: get long.......

still waiting for those "haul it south cheap" ideas

Senior Contributor
Farmerjoe79

Those other boys on the other site are pissed off cause they got nothin left to sell. I bet they are still over there talkin themselves into that 5 dollars was a good price. Mt you know that is the only reason they talk smack about you is cause they sold there grain to cheap and they know you still have yours. This should help out the insurance check:smileyhappy:
Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

Re: get long.......

[ Edited ]

Ray............??????............do not believe I said I had any...........I said if I was in those areas I would be looking...........

reality is..........shopping around and looking further than your closest outlet this year will pay,and bartering will too..........especially if you have some clean 2011 corn...........

speaking of which...........whatcha bidding for good clean 2011 corn...........

Contributor
kinderb

Corn isn't there and won't be there if it doesn't start buying acres. Think it is a little early for that? Wheat is doing its job in the southern corn belt area (southern IL, IA, IN, and MO) for sure. Wheat and double crop beans are more profitable than corn at these prices. That's if you can find wheat seed!!

Veteran Advisor
Nebrfarmr

I had a feeling that the carryout was going to be small, if for no reason I have gotten unsolicited calls from grain buyers.  They were offering me 8 cents over Chicago price, and would come and get the corn, no delivery or loading fee, and were offering me the 'opportunity' to sell some corn under those conditions before the report came out.

This, in itself is unusual, because I don't raise much corn at all (more a cattle guy than corn guy) plus I contracted about 1/3 of it (didn't mean to contract that much, but my yields fell so that my 1/4 suddenly became 1/3.  Anyway, I have maybe 20K of corn binned, and unpriced.  Usually, that isn't enough volume for most buyers to call me, but not this year.  Gave me the impression that they really are looking for every bushel they can get.

Advisor
time:thetippingpoint

[ Edited ]

Ray..you have to remember MT doesn't have time to give you any solid ideas. Too busy posting.

I think his thought is a very good one though. And, come on, you know what he is talking about. Things like C or ADM sending trucks 80 miles to get enough beans to get to new crop, paying 80 over and free freight and no damage discount schedule. Oh and the best part is that they won't give me that deal because I am in their "normal market draw area".

MT is right, working to merchandise good grain will pay this year. In terms of cheaply hauling it south, I think he kind of just used that to make the point about getting on the phone and working it.

Veteran Advisor
Mizzou_Tiger

[ Edited ]

ideas will be different for every area.............back hauling fertilizer or something else seems like a decent one...........but that doesnt work for everyone.........

also, some larger coops have a pretty decent fleet of semi's that might not be too busy hauling this fall, or done with grain, and if it doesnt rain will not be hualing much "gas"...........and they are burning up capital not turning any wheels.........all of a sudden trucking gets cheaper, and working together to pool margins either across territories or entities and still have everyone come out ahead makes sense...........