Honored Advisor

Re: who needs a marketing plan when you have friends like this ??

Good points BA, 

By the way we had that deal with a coop at one time also,  Was a great deal for them as well.  They were hiring transfer trucks and we were waiting in the line on those trucks at our local location.  They took us out of the line and the transfer trucks as well.  Loaded them in the field and got the grain where they wanted it to go with one less ride up the elevator.  We got the price at the destination.(+3 cents)  Coop took in a lot more grain.  

(but there are always members who think someone else is getting a better deal...... and complain cause they thought their good deal wasn't as good as our good deal...)

Now the coop has transfer trucks and closes early to clear out room and we built a facility so they don't get our grain.

That's coop thinking.....Some will damn all to keep someone elses advantage down also.   It is part of that two party system..Smiley Happy

-----------------------

But thanks for the point and It addresses the "rest of the story" when it comes to tool boxes... 

The analogy tends to make our heads turn toward buying a bigger pickup to carry a complete tool box..... and I don't agree with that.

A large number of tools usually signals more money than brains...  The best mechanics can carry a toon on every tool they have, but don't carry tools he doesn't need...

Your point is very good....  I think in this example it is not important how many tools are in the box, but success is based on how well you use the ones you have as well as adding ones that will help you. 

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Re: who needs a marketing plan when you have friends like this ??

The secret to good health probably ....... not sure marketing ever finds contentment.  

I find a bad memory works better in marketing Smiley Happy

But the point is a good one Don.