About the Author
Brenda Frketich is a third generation farmer from St. Paul, Oregon. She has been farming full time since 2006 and currently manages her family's 1000 acre farm. They raise grass seed, hazelnuts, crimson clover, wheat, vegetable seeds and peas. She grew up on the farm but never thought that farming was what would be her future. She left her small town to Los Angeles to get a degree in Business. But after years of city living she realized farming was in her blood.
Brenda is very involved in many parts of her industry and community. She is a volunteer Firefighte
r and EMT in her small town. She is involved in Farm Bureau, is a Clover Commission er, and always tries to find new ways to bridge the gap between her urban neighbors and her rural life of farming. One of the ways she does this is through this blog, and also her personal blog, www.Nuttyg rass.com Brenda is married to Matt Frketich who has also recently started farming with her. They also have a son, Hoot, and old hunting dog, Diesel and farm dog Yukon.
- kmusarurwa on: Meet a few Young Farmers from Oregon
Happy New Year...Wai
t, it's already the 22nd?!
- janisyager on: "I Grow Oregon Hazelnuts"
- thomasandrews7 on: A New Type of Woman in Ag
- turkey feather on: The Beauty of Crimson Clover
- Brenda_Frketich on: 5 Winter Jobs at Our Farm
- michelle47055 on: Crimson Clover Rotational Weed Control