Ag Talk | Agriculture.com
About the Author
  • Brenda Frketich is a third generation farmer from St. Paul, Oregon. She has been farming full time since 2006 and currently manages her family's 1000 acre farm. They raise grass seed, hazelnuts, clover, wheat and peas. She grew up on the farm but never thought that farming was what would be her future. She left her small town to Los Angeles to get a degree in Business. But after years of city living she realized farming was in her blood. Brenda is very involved in many parts of her industry and community. She is a volunteer Firefighter and EMT in her small town. She is involved in Farm Bureau, is a Clover Commissioner, and always tries to find new ways to bridge the gap between her urban neighbors and her rural life of farming. One of the ways she does this is through this blog, and also her personal blog, www.Nuttygrass.com Brenda is married to Matt Frketich who has also recently started to work with her on the farm. They have two dogs and are expecting their first baby in May 2014!
Announcements
Please read the forum guidelines. Please post, reply, read, and view our tutorials to learn all about our new forums and features.
Top Kudoed Posts
Blogroll

What I have to be Thankful for...from a Farmer's view

by Brenda_Frketich ‎11-30-2013 06:37 PM - edited ‎11-30-2013 06:37 PM

I'm sure that we are all full of turkey, turkey leftovers, turkey sandwiches and the like...so today just in case you wanted to hear just a few more reasons to give thanks...here are my 12 reasons that I'm thankful that I get to be a farmer.

1. That everyone loves to eat all the food that we produce.
  2. For a good harvest last year, and hope for more to come in the future.
  3. That eternal farmer optimism...noted in #2
    .P72104521a.jpg
  4. Tillage equipment and big tractors
  5. Research that continually allows us to cut down on the use of #4 and always keep improving our soils.
  6. The weather...although it can be nasty and unfortunate at times, there are also beautiful moments wh...
  7. This country life that is quiet and slow.
  8. The fact that hitting traffic can overwhelm me, and this coming from a girl who surivived living in ...
  9. My family who I get to work with on our family farm.
  10. #9 also includes our newest employee (my husband) and our little character stirring in my stomach.
    2012-08-03_17-46-23_294a.jpg
  11. The chance I've been given to share my story of agriculture, family and above mentioned country life.
  12. Last but not least, for this responsibility I've been given to be a true steward of the land, to work hard long hours with my family by my side, dirty, sweaty and tired.  And when that sun finally does go down, to be lucky enough to head to our warm home and never forget how truly lucky we are!