cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Honored Advisor

0bama signs `Monsanto Protection Act`.

http://www.naturalnews.com/039668_Monsanto_Protection_Act_Obama_deception_GMOs.html  

I wonder what the ponytailed, wire rim glasses wearing, Mother Earth News reading, Prius driving with a peace symbol crowd think about their 0bama and Mikulski now???   Oh I know it`s "all Roy Blunt the Repub`s fault".   Just like when I once voted for Vilsack as governor in hopes he`d slow down the big hog setups...coulda justa well voted for "Lightfingers" anyway, cause the big hog setups didn`t miss a beat and we got more gay liberal crap with Vilsack, the worst of all worlds.

16 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: 0bama signs `Monsanto Protection Act`.

For one thing, be certain to renew your Farm Bureau membership.

But, yeah, here's your hope and change:

http://americablog.com/2013/03/barack-obamas-economic-legacy-his-four-must-have-items.html

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I always have been a bigshot in the Farm Bureau, but I have certain disagreements and on those disagreements I remain silent and do not undermine them while on their company dime.  One guy that has his own agenda will lobby on the Farm Bureau`s coattails but will say "The Farm Bureau wants such and such but here`s what I think"Smiley Very Happy  that`s unethical, but that`s what he does.

At one time I was a member of this outfit to fight big hog setups http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iowa_Citizens_for_Community_Improvement   it didn`t do any good.  small independent hog farms lost their fight because of the younger generation coming up.  They don`t want to farrow pigs in Portahuts and 4-pen hoghouses.  They want big shiny, stinky buildings with 4,999 hd housed on 2 acres and drive around with a new pickup, throwing out the deads every Tuesday.  How ya gonna keep `em down on the farm?  We lost that argument back in 1994. 

The Farm Bureau keeps nonsensical regulations in check, rein in squandering public money and giving the tab to the property owners.  So, overall Farm Bureau is a very good organization, I just disagree with their "big big big" crap and "Let`s sign this free trade deal...it`ll raise the price of corn a nickel" crap.

0bama also really has his teeth in this gun confiscation deal, he wants something, anything that he can hang his hat on with gun control.

What you have with 0bama is a guy that wants "quasi-business/government coalitions"  He`s not this "anti corporation guy" he is in fact a corporatist himself, he just wants control.  The Keystone will be built, but government will call the shots and share the profits....and that is okay with many, they unconditionally trust him.

Highlighted
Advisor

i thought obama was the greatest thing since sliced bread. not feeling well bruce?

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@rawhide wrote:

i thought obama was the greatest thing since sliced bread. not feeling well bruce?

Finally come to the realization he got a long dry one.

Highlighted
Advisor

You obviously don't read much here. 3020 has no excuse for his ditto.  He reads every word that anybody posts.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: 0balmo swings both ways

if you know what i mean and sometimes out of the closet

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Lincoln, Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao Tse Tung, Hitler, FDR Obama...the short list of the "statists" that believe in a omnipotent central government.

None of those in this group have any revulsion towards a million skulls rotting in a mass grave as long as we move "forward".

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

If we had true tort reform where loser pays,   lawyers and their clients would not be so sue happy if they really didn't have a case against biotech companies.    But as it is greedy trial lawyers and extreme enviromentalists can initiate weak lawsuits with no scientific basis behind them.

I'd prefer that companies be held accountable if they bring a dangerous product to market.   Unfortunately,  this is the type of laws we get because greedy trial lawyers have open season without any personal consequences to sue,  sue,  sue.

Highlighted
Advisor

BA - now you are starting to sound like me . . . I mean those 10,000 head of hogs on two acres confined in hog houses put up by Cargill,which enabled those who owned the land to become peons to the company, which owns their lives for the next ten years when those houses revert to the landowner.  Ummmm . . . wonder if Cargill still has their little bin building program?

Well, all my insurance is with Farm Bureau, and as an Insurance  company they are a good outfit.  But when it comes to supporting the farmers interests (such as tree huggers requiring that conservation practices be enforced and denying a farmer crop insurance program) they are traitors to farmers.  

It is clear to me that most of the past presidents of that outfit, were more concerned about wildlife, conservation, creating property rights for non farmers in farmers property, and in general they B a s t a r d i z e d the word "Farmer" which is a joke in most cases.  

They do not represent farmers, they represent those who farm the farmers, they have never represented mine or anyone elses business interests, it is all about rubbing elbows with the big shots who want to screw us.  They are a parisite that has attached theselves to farmers, when in fact most of their legislation is anti-farmer.   Pass the popcorn and get me another Corona.   John