cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

$112 fats

time for Real Americans to step in and cancel the vegans, lay in a side?

Unfortunately my wife's trip to Mayo was slightly concerning. There's a family history of heart disease and the cardiologist says she needs to adhere thoroughly to a Mediterranean diet, pronto.

We were half way there anyway, but will be all the way, starting last week. Red meat twice a week. Isn't going to hurt me any either.

Next thing you know the dang sine-tiss will be telling you to wear a mask or some such nonsense.

16 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: $112 fats

How about, do what you want?  You don`t want meat, don`t eat meat, if you want meat, then eat meat.  Just don`t force other people on your diet.

bruce MN
Advisor

Who the H is doing that, or even indicating that someone could?

No different than a herbicide or soil nutrient plan suggestion.

But that’s not what your concern is over and I do deeply understand.  If these other people were evil  enough to elect us a ****** President....twice, mind you.... there is no telling what else somebody might try.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Nobody's making anybody do anything*- that's just something the fascists made up.

Probably the key facet in our case is the genetic predisposition. I don't have it but as I said, it won't hurt me a bit. I will need to watch my iron levels a little, since they run low. So I switched to a women's multi-vitamin.

*mostly didn't even with masks. You just couldn't go certain places if you didn't want to wear one.

r3020
Senior Advisor

So then you really aren't concerned with man made global warming.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Beef liver is loaded with vitamins and other nutrients but also off the charts in cholesterol.

I only make it when she's gone anyway- need a day or so to air out the house.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

If "the Paris Agreement" says the US should tax pork, beef and chicken because of animal agriculture`s "role in climate change" can we count on you two ######`s to oppose Biden and the supporting Democrats?  Or are you going to say "well the sion-tisss say meat is bad for us anyway, might as well tax it like cigarettes".     If I was a betting man, my odds would be on the latter.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Meh, maybe that's what Melinda is dumping Bill over.

Such conservative extremists as McKibben and Mann say don't worry about agriculture for now- just nudge it. The capacity to revolutionize the more important transportation and power sectors without any net economic impact is upon us. Don't delay and mess it up.

But your hysteria is why the Kochs keep a few peckerwoods around for astroturf purposes- when they're not stabbing them in the back.

PS. a technical fix for methane from ruminants would be wonderful. But you guys don't want to fix anything, you just want to bellyache.

RJG640v8
Senior Contributor

@sdholloway56 wrote:

time for Real Americans to step in and cancel the vegans, lay in a side?

Unfortunately my wife's trip to Mayo was slightly concerning. There's a family history of heart disease and the cardiologist says she needs to adhere thoroughly to a Mediterranean diet, pronto.

We were half way there anyway, but will be all the way, starting last week. Red meat twice a week. Isn't going to hurt me any either.

Next thing you know the dang sine-tiss will be telling you to wear a mask or some such nonsense.

Good luck to your wife and you. Like it or not moderation in most things is a good way to go. As a kid we ate many dinners and suppers of casseroles. Treat to get steak or pork chops once in awhile and Sunday was usually a beef roast or fried chicken.

I'm in the red meat business and see no harm or problem with people making the choices they make, want to make and need to make. Demand is growing and you serve those that want your product. The other part of it is; don't alienate those that currently, for whatever reason , don't want it.

The world needs protein and I don't see that changing. 

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

If the methane reducing feed additives pan out, grass fed beef could make a case for being the most sustainable meat.

You won’t make the most militant animal rights people happy in any case but also the most humane.