cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Edmund55
Senior Contributor

160 MPH

--Did Joe Biden say that he and President Obama drove our Country into a ditch at 160 MPH?

--Let's see, $10 trillion in debt / 8 years = ?

--I don't know how you calculate how fast they were driving us into a ditch but I would estimate it to be an impossible speed as it seems impossible that one administration can spend us $10 Trillion further in debt, using tax payer money, and have so little to show for it.  Hey, how about a 3rd term of the same nonsense.  

Just having a little fun with you "I idolize Hillary" folks.

10 Replies
OKdon
Senior Contributor

Re: 160 MPH

GW Bush drove us unto the ditch and Obama has been trying to dig us out for 7.5 years. In that period of time with sluggish recovery because we were in a near depression state. We are slowly coming back but the Bush years with two wars and the Bush taxcuts made the deficit worse.

It's about like harvesting a field of corn except the last tenant tried to disc it under before he left. Now we all know those acres shouldproducing 200 bushel per acre but when you have less than half a stand you are not likely to get 100 bushel. Meanwhile thatfarm has been producing poorly for the last 8 years and it hasn't kept up with the farm"s financial obligations.

Job destruction and acollapse of the housing market with hundreds of thousands losing their home because of loan defaults. Hard to pay off debt without a job, but then you knew all that, didn't you?

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

I said virtually the same thing a few days ago. The farm crisis of the early 80's took 15 years to recover. This collapse was much worse. Seems like some here don't like to acknowledge that.

Tick Tock...

Jen
Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(I said virtually the same thing a few days ago. The farm crisis of the early 80's took 15 years to recover. This collapse was much worse. Seems like some here don't like to acknowledge that.
Tick Tock...)

TT - Just 8 hours ago you said this:  

(Multi multimillionaire farmers, you need to add. More fleecing of America - stealing from the poor, and giving to the rich....    Tick Tock)

Make up your mind, will farmers be recovering for another 7 years or are all farmer's millionaire's, fleecing America & stealing from the poor.

When you don't have an answer, just use the old liberal standard, "it's Bush's fault".

jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

Many farmers are millionaires - I know it - you know it. Just because the tax form doesn't show an income, doesn't mean there aren't hidden assets that have been building over time. Farm values recovered a long time ago, and have gone to new highs.

I have no issues subsidizing a farmer with gross receipts of say $200,000.00 per year. Gross receipts - not net. At that level, you are getting breaks that a small farmer can't, from fuel, to seed, chemicals, custom work, you name it. I know a lot of you will take exception to that. But I know farmers that years ago were getting over a million in just support payments. And I know the games of dividing farms into a wifes name, a sons name, etc. Abuses of the system exist, and some will go to great lengths to cheat it. Crop insurance scams are a whole other issue.

Point is, there are many places to tighten up farm subsidies, and I think it's time they are.

Jen
jennys_mn
Veteran Advisor

"This collapse" I was talking about, by the way, was the housing collapse of 8 years ago. Farms have not collapsed - not anywhere close, yet anyway. That collapse took 15 years to get farm values back to where they were. The housing collapse took only 7 - because of what the Obama administration did to shore our economy up. Farmers, were basically on their own.

Jen
Katzenjammer12
Senior Contributor

I've always wondered why it is called abuse when a person take advantage of legal actions to optimize one's position.  I've seen some say that one should not use all tax advantages but should pay more than they are required to.  Why would a person not use legal means to stay competitive?  If the law is not the way some would like it, the law can/should be changed.  Until then, each person is perfectlly in the right to use the law as it is written to his/her benefit.

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Quit talking about reality Don. This is a make believe kingdom. You are spoiling their unreality.  We can't say that by any measure we have recovered. We can't say that fell off a great cliff and unemployment soared, housing went onto default and the stock market fell (unless we blame Obama). Now we are back to wat we were before Bush screwed it all up and left Obama holding the bag, but we can't mention that. This is not what they want to hear, so you and I had better just play make believe because they can't see the state of the nation before them and open their eyes. They want to do it all over again with the Donald and that's that.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Well Donna Brazile says things aren't so good. Guess she is another liar.

snip-

In an email to Hillary Clinton campaign Chair John Podesta from February 2016, released Friday by WikiLeaks, now-acting chair of the Democratic National Committee Donna Brazile gave a frank and honest assessment of the Obama economy — and it wasn’t good.

“I think people are more in despair about how things are — yes new jobs but they are low wage jobs,” she admits. “HOUSING is a huge issue. Most people pay half of what they make to rent,” she continued.

AllenJwi
Senior Contributor

"GW Bush drove us unto the ditch and Obama has been trying to dig us out for 7.5 years " 

Now that is the dumbest thing I have heard in a long long time!!!