cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: the rest of the: 25 rules of disinformation

Well, this idiot misses arguing with you, maybe closer to the election you`ll be getting the fire back in the belly Smiley Happy  I really think you need to watch Newt Gingrich, it could be him and Bachmann...of course he might drop out this afternoon and prove me totally wrong.  Alot of folks think he has too much baggage, but compared to Clinton not all that much really.  Those "Ryan remarks" the otherday play right into the moderates in a general election.  At any rate Obama has his work cut out, if unemployment stays high, Fugetaboutit!!

Samnospam
Advisor

I guess a combination of 16 and 19 probably bug me the most. The same discussions come up and it is demanded that proof be provided everytime. I'm only interested in restating a disertation so many times.
bruce MN
Advisor

If unemployment stays high we've all got our work cut out for us. It's the elephant in the recovery room.

But your "homes" have released their plan for jobs...and it's the same as it's always been. Gotta give the GOP credit. Their platform isn't as muddled up with radically new, abstract ideas.  Easy to read and comprehend. They stick with the time honored ones:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/post/the-gops-jobs-agenda-now-more-than-ever/2011/05/...

SNIP:

But it’s not just that you could read this jobs plan without knowing the financial crisis ever happened. You could read it without knowing the past decade ever happened. As Mishel says, “if lower taxes and less regulation was such good policy, then George W. Bush’s economy would have been a lot better. But under Bush, Republicans cut taxes on business and on investors and high-income people and they didn’t add many regulations and that business cycle was the first one in the post-war period where the income for a typical working class family was lower at the end than at the beginning.”

Klein piece linked from here:

http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/05/27/no-ideas/?gwh=F0107EB15E293701C85DC17201D2357D

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Bruce, if sometime in 2000 Laurel and Hardy were delivering a piano to the 10th floor in Bagdad and dropped it on BinLaden`s head.  There wouldn`t have been a 9/11, the economy would`ve boomed and there would be a Republican in the White House today.  It wasn`t just the near $1 trillion war cost, but the entire cost to economy, actually things were going good for Bush outside of that danged war. I`ve often wondered what the wars real purposes was, "war for oil!"  Molly Irvins-"payback for threatening daddy Bush",  "Their jealous of our freedoms",  antisemites-"we went to war because the Jooooozz wanted us to".  None of any of that makes sense, no winners only losers, if you wanted the economy to tank I guess those won.  The lack of Republican candidates really tells the story this time, if you are smart enough to be in the top tier, then your two choices are evident "Would you rather be a failed President or not be President at all".  I`ll be a little surprised if things hold together by Nov `12, if it wasn`t for appointing judges and excutive orders I`d be inclined to let Obama have the mess another 4 yrs.  

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

@kraft-t wrote:

I don't know what issue you are talking about but it likely was a "what is the use moment" and that is usually no response to an argument he has made before. You know you can keep beating a dead horse but no way are you going to get a better outcome.

The glib response would be "think what you want!" but perhaps a nonreply is more civil.

I do take great comfort in knowing that most of the strong leftists on this forum and in the world in general, are mostly older than myself, hence, more subject to the more finite laws of entropy of the elderly.   Their old washed up ideas will pass away with their mortal bodies.  Out of sight and mind, their effects on the moral compass of this country will quickly diminish.

Try as they may, they can not cheat the grim reaper of his due.   The young folks who now know that they are being handed the bill for the baby boomers largess, are rejecting the ideas of the leftists as much in the way that one attempts to avoid getting the "clap".

bruce MN
Advisor

By early 2012 it may be all and only about banks. The administration knows that. The veteran GOP leadership knows that.

It's just that nobody...you, me, Obama, Boehner (there is one guy who I's sincerely believe wishes he were somewhere else every morning when he wakes up)....knows what to do or how to do it.

9-11 or not, we would have still been living under the repeal of Glass-Stegal, and the after affects of the  Clinton-Rubin "New Democrat" financial deregulation disaster. In fact, an argument could possibly ( I said POSSIBLY) be made by someone who knows fisal and monetary matters much better than you or I would  could convince us or at least make a case that things could actually be worse, had it not happened. That with the establishment of the investment wings at the big commercial banking houses they could have blown up a bubble even bigger without the trappings of the war on terror. But Cheney and Wolfowitz etal might have eventually found some other reason to go into Iraq, so who knows?

This Eurozone thing is becoming very interesting.  If popular democracy in the smaller nations takes hold as it did in Iceland and public officlals carry out the people's wishes in a few more there won't be much of anything that remains as it is now.

It might have been best if we had just let this entire thing come down to a "marked to market", one day nation wide garage sale.  Had led the rest of the world out of the starting gate instead of quite obviously being so deeply commited to being the last out...hoping for treasure chests to come in on the tides......which Asia and the Near East will assure that we are not.  

To find out just what "any of it is worth" (from the bard who just turned 70 this week). I offered up here at this forum the possiblity of that being the best approach for the long haul. At least for North America anyway. I beleive that Sam said essentially the same thing also. Since then all that has been happening is massive bank profits made by borrowing from you and me at 0% or possibly even negative interest and lending it back out amongst financial instituions themselves and masking it as growth...all the while anybody in those institutions or properly connected to them has been squirling away the cream...most likely off shore or in metals. Somewhere, anyway, where they could run off with it at the drop of a hat. With you and me having absolutely no way to claw it back, but still responsible for it's loss to the system.

We can have a big crash and deal with the ensuing chaos  or we can start to build scaffolding and try to figure out a way to fill it up with perps, after we recover all that is possible to recover. But the perps themselves have done a masterful job of convincing enough little people that it was bad other little people who caused it all that it's not likely for that to happen.  That being the source and cause of nearly all disagreemetns here and just about anywhere else I go. It's a g## da##ed art form!!

Meanwhile most Americans are busy trying to figure out how to pay their bills so that they aren't among the next wave out on the curb. No time, really, and no frame of reference for many of them to absorb it all. Just 99% of them good people willing to work hard and trying to stay out of everybody else's way.

And we are supposed to remain positive and avoid cynicism, because that's what Americans are condtioned to do...by all of these damned charismatic leaders we've had. Think about it ....The only Presidents I can remember who actually looked straight into the camera were,  for whatever you thought of their policies or politics, the drab, non-charaismatic ones...Truman.."The buck stops here!", Eisenhower, with his more prophetic than he could have ever known warnings over the "vast Military-Industrial complex",  Johnson...who told us he simply wasn't up to the job any more...that the tail that was that ill-advised war was wagging the dog and he wanted out. Ford.."Whip Inlfation Now", Carter, making a tough call on the Soviet-Afghan situation and also leveling with us about the "malaise" that we were most definitley suffering. GHWB, stuttering as he confessed to the failure of supply side economics and submitted that , indeed, taxes would have to go up for some.

I'd hoped that Obama as charasmaitc as hell he is for a ton of people here and around the world whether you agree or would ever admit it or not,  would take what was obviously a high level of support and popularity among the generation of Americans that was going to have to work us out of this hole and lay out just where it is that the "bear s##t in the buckwheat". But either he simply didn't know, simply doesn't beleive what he can see right before his eyes or has a gun pointed at his head by the banksters and the permanent oligarchy at all times and simply can't. Most of the time I can get myself to beleive the later., but he drops one heck of alot of striaght lines. Inherited that from Clinton, I'd guess. Gore did that in his campaign. Debate moderators and interviewers would feed him big minnows that he could have turned into opportuities to tell the public just what was up with whaterver and he's capitulate to the company line.

Enough...have a great Memorial Day weekend.

r3020
Senior Advisor

The American people have told us what they believe is best for the country the last 3 elections.....fiscal responsibility.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

I generally agree with you, Bruce.  One critque is you`ve given Obama too much credit, the term "Banksters"  isn`t something that the typical Obama supporter uses.  The folks that I read say we are headed for a hard-backed currency, however when going doing that, you need to run the fiat into the ground, build your infrastructure to the hilt with borrowed paper.  Qe-3 under a different name, pay debt with cheaper dollars and leave the banksters holding the bag.  See, what happens after a crash is what will be interesting or scary, that`s when you either get a George Washington...or a adolf hitler.   

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

No, they didn't! They told the GOP, create JOBS, and fix the economy. Fixing the economy has NOTHING TO DO WITH DEFICITS! They want more money in their pockets, and more government for their money. They know how to fix the deficits, it's the Republicans that don't know how to fix it!

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

You could attribute it to growing up and realizing that you aint alone in the world and you need not be self centered all the time. If you could possibly think about people and their condition, you might squirrel away an ounce of compassion for those less fortunate than yourself

I know it suits you to blame taxes for your lack of success but that is just an excuse. Many folk have done well and built a significant business and payed lots of taxes as well. It's just too bad that you cannot manage and compete in a competitive society.  Stop listening to Limbaugh and stop blaming government for your short comings.

The only thing holding you back is you and you sour grapes attitude. Or your lack of wits.