Highlighted
Senior Contributor

2cd ammendment

2cd ammendment.jpg

7 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: 2cd ammendment

reality would be citizens would have the same equipment as the government, not the same equipment as the government at the time of the signing of the Constitution

or perhaps that first ammendment meant freedom of Christian religion and freedom of pro government speech?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Are you saying that the 1st amendment should only be about the Christian religion?   So you think you should have an Abrams tank and cruise missiles?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

if a democratically elected country can possess tanks, airplanes, missles, etc.....it's citizens should be able to own these tools also. Nothing stops tyrants short of equal force or the threat of force.

That is the second amendment...if you don't like it, you don't like liberty.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Strange that I can't find and of that language in my copy of the 2nd amendment. Could you send me a copy of yours?  Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

But Red!

If you did that then you would have to let people on the terrorist watch list buy them too because you can't be denying them their rights, can you?

It would be interesting to see what they would do with a stinger missile or a MLRS, woudn't it?

I'll pass on any additional comments, other than to say it would not lead to peace and harmony or a good government.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: 2nd ammendment

use your google function. Hope this helps. The right of citizens to keep and bear arms, not guns. Armaments.

Actually, I am pretty sure that private citizens can already own most of the armaments, such as tanks, if they have enough money. Probably cannot own nuclear weapons legally, but I am sure that there are a handful of countries, such as Japan, with modern technological advances they don't publicize and that are not technically "legal" either. I would be quite surprised if Japan does not already have nuclear weapon capabilities....the islands run on nuclear power.

A japanese official was on a NPR radio broadcast ten years ago or so, and the topic was something about China trying to claim territorial waters and/or islands and the threat of nuclear missles from CHina in a conflict. THe Japanese person said something to the effect that do you really think that Japan cannot defend itself, and the live broadcast moved on quickly. Polite people don't start arguments or make threats until the time comes to not be nice.

Its nice to live on sugar mountain, though. Until the time comes to not be nice.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: But Red!

@KNAPPer wrote:

If you did that then you would have to let people on the terrorist watch list buy them too because you can't be denying them their rights, can you?

It would be interesting to see what they would do with a stinger missile or a MLRS, woudn't it?

I'll pass on any additional comments, other than to say it would not lead to peace and harmony or a good government.

Terrorist can already buy those weapons from the US. Now our ruling class want to grant them access to live in our country.