cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OKdon
Senior Contributor

Re: Alice in Wonderland

Is it not the republicans that claim that an abundance of guns makes us all safer? If not, i guess I have an inaccurate understanding of what you and your fellow colleagues have been supporting.

So what is it? Do guns make us safer or less safe? I'm waiting breathlessly for your response.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: 2nd Amendment at GOP convention

If that were truly the case, there wouldn't be any argument about it!  Why would they issue the order to begin with?  No, they realize that some of their gun totin' idiots can't be trusted to be "responsible"!!

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

All the good people that are left are at the Republican convention, there would be no need or reason to have a gun at a GOP event.   The Democrat freak shows, hell it`s best to stay out of them damned places or you would be liable to get mugged.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Just tell us WHY the GOP convention honchos felt the need to say "NO GUNS"!!!!  Their boss, the NRA, has been promoting the idea that everyone has the right/obligation to be armed at all times in all places!  So why not the convention where there won't be anyone but repubs??

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

They don't want some left wing nut job shooting the place up to cause political chaos.

But 30, you always said everyone shoud have a gun to protect themselves from that 'left wing nut job'.

Especially important since your rules do not stop that 'left wing nut job' from getting a gun, any gun including assault rifles because it is his/her right to own one.

So now you think it is OK to take the 'right' to carry a gun away from your own group.

HMMMMMMmmmm how does that figure?

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(Is it not the republicans that claim that an abundance of guns makes us all safer? If not, i guess I have an inaccurate understanding of what you and your fellow colleagues have been supporting.

So what is it? Do guns make us safer or less safe? I'm waiting breathlessly for your response.)

I would not want guns at the convention & a lot of other places where they are allowed for that matter.  However, my take would be if a nutty lefty pulled a gun out at the convention and 5 good guys with a gun shot him say 15 times and stopped the threat - the 5 good guys would be the bad guys in the MSM & their followers eyes.

Kind of like the guy that rushed Trump's stage awhile back and then said he was only going to grab his microphone - and the MSM / lefties actually believed him and took his side.

But is is a little like the democrats saying you don't need an ID to vote, and illegals don't need an ID - Yet they require an ID to get into the democrat convention.  I'm waiting ...

r3020
Senior Advisor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

@r3020 wrote:

They don't want some left wing nut job shooting the place up to cause political chaos.

But 30, you always said everyone shoud have a gun to protect themselves from that 'left wing nut job'.

Especially important since your rules do not stop that 'left wing nut job' from getting a gun, any gun including assault rifles because it is his/her right to own one.

So now you think it is OK to take the 'right' to carry a gun away from your own group.

HMMMMMMmmmm how does that figure?

It's their convention they can do as they please. If you don't agree you have the right to boycott the convention. No one is trying to take anything away from you.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Can't or won't answer the question, huh?  For a bunch of "good guys with guns", I find it very hilarious that no guns are allowed in the biggest event of the election year!!!  Wonder why they are scared??  Or who they are scared of???

OKdon
Senior Contributor

Most assassins that rain their havoc in theaters and school yards are conservatives trying to take their country back.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Do you really think someone from the left would even want to go to that convention let alone be able to get into it?  That is not a public event!