cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Re: 30 Statistics Prove- Elite Getting Richer, The Poor- Poorer, Middle Class Destroyed

10-15 years ago I would have agreed whole heartledly.  I was wrong.   Free trade is one of those ideas like many ideas that sound good in theory but are doom to failure by human nature.   Other countries will not implement our envirnomental protections and we won't implement other countrys.  Other countrys will deny our science (on GMO's and hormones for instance) and create barriers for our products.  Other countrys manipulate their currency to keep their products cheaper.  Our implementation of free trade has done nothing to protect our intellectual properties that was supposed to be the cornerstone of our prosperity. 

In a perfect world it might work, but it hasn't in ours.

Senior Advisor

Re: 30 Statistics Prove- Elite Getting Richer, The Poor- Poorer, Middle Class Destroyed

Yes Sam, that's a problem. My fear is tariffs will be like all other taxes. There will be no limits. We could still be stuck driving the cars they were building in the mid 70s. When you block competition you also block out quality?

Advisor

that's a problem no doubt.  Perhaps we also need to enforce anti-monopoly laws to ensure competition.