cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Not true

Cruz,  is going to repeal every last word, so what are they going to do with the 7.5 million who have insurance through the ACA?? Kick them all to the street? What about pre-exsisting conditions, caps on coverage, all of the good things the ACA has to offer?

Senior Contributor

Don't blame your plight on the ACA, husker, call your damnned Gov. to get off his deadass and start the expansion on Medicaid! He's your enemy, not the ACA!

Advisor

Re: 30, husker, wehav

been lecturing people that obamacare was fascism since it was introduced. pay attention.
Senior Contributor

Really and who do I call here in Illinois. I am in the same boat andwe are a heavy dem state.

Senior Contributor

Had the medicaid expansion not been attempted in an UnConstitutional manner (as already decided by the Supreme Court), I wouldn't be having this problem.

Senior Contributor

I have a job, and I'm making ends meet.   Like many small business owners, I am putting as much of my earnings back into improvements to my business, as I can, and living frugally.

Do the research, 14% of Nebraska's self-employed fall into the same boat that I do.   I'd be willing to bet that the average self-employed person works more hours than the average shift worker.

PS...Since your only response seems to be insults and innuendo, I can only assume you have no legitimate response.   I have no doubt I could have more 'take home' pay right now, working somewhere as a welder for someone else, but I'm trying to build myself a viable business into the future instead. 

I seem to recall a certain Kraft-t who said that he struggled financially in the past, when he was early in his farming career.  Was that due to the start up costs of trying to build up a viable farm, or laziness?  Just askin'.

Veteran Advisor

When you say you are putting much of your income back into your business, does that count as income to you personally? If that is true then you have much less income that should help you qualify for a subsidy. Of course,I don't know what you claim as income nor how many are in your family or their ages so I can just guess. In NE, $50000 income with 3 people would pay about $4100 for a year for the mid policy after a subsidy of $2600.
Senior Contributor

And the mid priced policy is crap. A lot worse than my current policy.

Senior Contributor

@schnurrbart wrote:
When you say you are putting much of your income back into your business, does that count as income to you personally? If that is true then you have much less income that should help you qualify for a subsidy. Of course,I don't know what you claim as income nor how many are in your family or their ages so I can just guess. In NE, $50000 income with 3 people would pay about $4100 for a year for the mid policy after a subsidy of $2600.

That sounds like it might be about right, but drop that income much under $30,000 per year with a family of 4, and the Obamacare subsidy drops to zero, and since NE is one of the 23 States that has not done the Medicaid expansion, I get no coverage under Medicaid (made too much) and zero subsidy from Obamacare (didn't make enough).   However, if my income was more than doubled, to $60K per year, I'd get somewhere around a $2500 subsidy, with my family makeup.

Cut my income in half, and I'd pay zero for healthcare.

Double my income, and I'd pay about 1/3 less.

Do you now see what I mean, when I say people in my income situation, are getting the shaft?

Senior Contributor

Ditto.   Under Obamacare, I'd have my deductable roughly double in the mid plan, and at a higher premium.

However, I guess I can rest easy, knowing that I am covered for things that I have absolutely zero use for.