cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veteran Advisor

Re: Not true

If your state had expanded Medicaid you would have been covered under it. You said you made under $30K and under $23750 did not qualify for a subsidy but would qualify for Medicaid. Business expenses--blown tractor engine and interest on farmland are deductible. Is that the money that you said went back into your business?
Senior Advisor

It's hard to be compassionate with you when you have done everything you can to oppose it. You wouldn't support Obama if he fed you ice cream on a daily basis. You'd find some goddamn thing to complain about. Such sore losers you folks are and what a pitiful excuse!

Senior Advisor

@kraft-t wrote:

It's hard to be compassionate with you when you have done everything you can to oppose it. You wouldn't support Obama if he fed you ice cream on a daily basis. You'd find some goddamn thing to complain about. Such sore losers you folks are and what a pitiful excuse!

Obama didn't' feed him ice cream, he canceled his insurance policy. Now if he wants coverage he has to pay more than before for less coverage.

Senior Contributor

Sorry, for some reason, it didn't take.

Anyway, for some reason the formula changes a bit, depending on your zip code, but you are very close.   It ranges from around $23k to $28k, I'd imagine because of cost of living in different areas.

The thing of it is, according to my agent that works with the exchanges (and I can only go by what they say) they go off of your last IRS tax forms.   I had a year with some very unexpected expenses, that dropped me down too low to qualify for aid, but not low enough for Medicaid. 
The ironic part, is that someone in my situation, that has a 'bad' year, and needs help the most, is when it would get cut off.

I wrote my Senator about the State doing something to fill the gap, and I got a 'not this year' response.

Senior Contributor

Only because his miserable Governor, didn't allow the expansion of Medicaid!! Your pixxed at the wrong people, for godsakes!! It's the dammed Republicans that are screwing you over!!

Senior Contributor

But I'll bet you go right back and vote for that miserable SOB.

Senior Contributor

Those expenses were more than enough, to bring me down below that level.

Senior Contributor

Read this thread.   I did not come on here, just to badmouth Obamacare.   I only mentioned that I was being 'hurt' by Obamacare, after your assertion that none of us who have a beef with Obamacare, have been harmed personally.   I gave facts, that pointed out that your assertion was not true.   It will be the first post under the 'not true' heading, if you want to double check.

Senior Contributor

Yup.

Either that, or fulfill his promise, that if there was a 'change' it would be to my benefit.

Senior Advisor

@GreaTOne_65 wrote:

Only because his miserable Governor, didn't allow the expansion of Medicaid!! Your pixxed at the wrong people, for godsakes!! It's the dammed Republicans that are screwing you over!!

Why should someone be forced into medicaid when they were happily taking care of themselves before Obama canceled their insurance policy simply because it didn't provide services neither wanted or needed?