cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

35 reason's you conservatives have it wrong!

All quotes from your favorite, "founding fathers" that prove, America is not a Christian nation, never has, and never will be! This proves your party doesn't know what it's talking about, when it comes to the Constitution.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/07/04/35-founding-father-quotes-conservative-christians-will-hate/

6 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: 35 reason's you conservatives have it wrong!

@GreaTOne_65 wrote:

All quotes from your favorite, "founding fathers" that prove, America is not a Christian nation, never has, and never will be! This proves your party doesn't know what it's talking about, when it comes to the Constitution.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/07/04/35-founding-father-quotes-conservative-christians-will-hate/

This is a secular nation founded by men who believed in religious freedom.

Highlighted
Advisor

Exactly.  And when:

20. “When a religion is good, I conceive it will support itself; and when it does not support itself, and God does not take care to support it so that its professors are obligated to call for help of the civil power, it’s a sign, I apprehend, of its being a bad one.”
~Founding Father Benjamin Franklin, letter to Richard Price, October 9, 1780

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

I don`t have a problem with any of those quotes.  What you have to keep in mind is that the original 13 colonies each were controlled by a "different church".   So if you were a member of the Congregational Church in New York you didn`t have power but you taxes had to go to the Anglican Church that did hold power in New York...They were all Christian, it`s just different denominations.  The founding Fathers wanted there to be a freedom of religion and no one beholding to one church.  But rather their church or no church of their choice.

http://undergod.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=69  

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Your constitution has no more meaning than anyone else's. you stick to it like oblivion awaits if your path is varied. You continue to anoint your founding fathers as if they were intellectual mountains. There was universities then to make them so. They were plodders at best. They did the best they could but only a fool would think your constitution is still relevant.

Apart from that, it is broken everyday in your country and you know it so don't give me that allegiance to you silly constitution.

It is the same for your religion. None of you are faithful to the cause. None. You follow a fictitious god beside you fathers told you so and they had the same brains as your forefathers.
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@bruce MN wrote:

Exactly.  And when:

20. “When a religion is good, I conceive it will support itself; and when it does not support itself, and God does not take care to support it so that its professors are obligated to call for help of the civil power, it’s a sign, I apprehend, of its being a bad one.”
~Founding Father Benjamin Franklin, letter to Richard Price, October 9, 1780

This country is founded on the belief we endowed by our Creator with certain unalienable rights.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: not so great is too dumb

to understand ---it comes with  being  a lib