cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

3rd party nonsense

It's beyond stupid to believe we have a 2 party system now.  What we have is two names for the same party.

Even the slowest liberal should realize that none of the scare stuff about social security or cutting the welfare budget or anything else that would serve to reduce our impending deficit doom is ever going to happen no matter which person gets elected.

The recent capitulation by congress should sufficiently prove the point.

4 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: 3rd party nonsense

That is exactly why I prepare for a post United States , every man for himself , world.
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@wehav wrote:

It's beyond stupid to believe we have a 2 party system now.  What we have is two names for the same party.

Even the slowest liberal should realize that none of the scare stuff about social security or cutting the welfare budget or anything else that would serve to reduce our impending deficit doom is ever going to happen no matter which person gets elected.

The recent capitulation by congress should sufficiently prove the point.

Correct wehave. What we have now is a single party system......the progressive party. Lead by Paul Pelosi and Mitch Reid.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

That is because you think the solution to all our woes is spending less. Heaven help us if Mitt, Rush, Warren and Michael should have to pay the same percentage as you and I do. And believe me I have thrived with after tax dollars. Imagine How burdened those billionaires would be with our tax rates.

WE tax income as our choice of revenue collector from we the people. Why shouldn't all revenue be taxed at the same rate? Or the same rate after the allowance for ordinary living expense.

Trump wants to give a favorable tax rate to those with money stashed overseas. Why would you ever give a tax incentive to tax avoiders? Lower tax rates do not deter tax avoidance. You can be sure if we had anational 5% tax rate they would still be looking for loop holes to avoid that. It is simply human nature. What is odd is that some people applaud the tax avoiders as if they deserve to be admired.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@OKdon wrote:

That is because you think the solution to all our woes is spending less. Heaven help us if Mitt, Rush, Warren and Michael should have to pay the same percentage as you and I do. And believe me I have thrived with after tax dollars. Imagine How burdened those billionaires would be with our tax rates.

WE tax income as our choice of revenue collector from we the people. Why shouldn't all revenue be taxed at the same rate? Or the same rate after the allowance for ordinary living expense.

Trump wants to give a favorable tax rate to those with money stashed overseas. Why would you ever give a tax incentive to tax avoiders? Lower tax rates do not deter tax avoidance. You can be sure if we had anational 5% tax rate they would still be looking for loop holes to avoid that. It is simply human nature. What is odd is that some people applaud the tax avoiders as if they deserve to be admired.

The first part of the solution is a secure border and less H-2B visas. We need to put our unemplolyed to work first.