cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

4 dead in California stabbing

Sure it`ll be buried with focus on gun control....if only the stabbings were done from a bayonet on the end of a scary Ar-15   tsk tsk the media could make hay with that.

https://time.com/5647269/california-stabbing-rampage/

10 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: 4 dead in California stabbing

The 33-year-old man from Garden Grove robbed more than half a dozen businesses and killed two men at his own apartment complex during the two-hour wave of violence Wednesday, police said.

And the shooter the other day in Dayton shot over 30 people in 30 seconds.

That knife guy is way behind in killing power

Honored Advisor

Canuck, I`m over 50, the NRA was around before I was born and semi-automatic rifles were around before I was born.  These mass shootings only really started 20 years ago with Columbine and got rolling about 5-10yrs ago, actually down so far in 2019 compared to some of the previous years.

My point is, these mass shootings were unheard of in 1970, 1975, 1980, 1985, 1990, 1995 2000 and all the years previous to 1970.  Whatever the problem really is, it is NOT the gun. 20yrs ago a segment of the population has gotten more homicidal and we better find out why.

Senior Contributor

Dead is dead Canuck...

Senior Contributor

"My point is, these mass shootings were unheard of in 1970, 1975, 1980, 1985, 1990, 1995 2000 and all the years previous to 1970. Whatever the problem really is, it is NOT the gun. 20yrs ago a segment of the population has gotten more homicidal and we better find out why."

This is all the Democrats fault. Starting with Hollywood and the news media.

Senior Contributor

Somewhere recently I read about bans on assault rifles, forgive my inability to spout exact years and numbers of mass shootings but in general what I remember was

xx mass shootings then Clinton signed in legislation that controlled assault weapons

Mass shootings fell until at some time later the controls (perhaps it was a ban) were lifted and mass shootings rose again.

Now I am sure you will correct me if I am wrong but I understand that there have been almost as many so far in 2019 than the total in 2018 so you will need to have few or no more this year or you will be setting another new record maybe.

And the number of mass shootings in Europe or Canada or even Mexico are? Check it out then tell me why you do not have enough guns already.

Senior Contributor

Why you ask? Because you people are slipping off the deep end faster every year. You would think those that claim to be smarter and better than the rest of the population would be able to control themselves.

Honored Advisor

I did have incomplete data on number of mass shootings being down for 2019 so far, sorry for any confusion.

There has always been "mass shootings" in history like I believe a famous one was a guy climbed a clock tower in Texas during the 60`s.  That was such a rare occurrence that it was the "go to" incident people would mention for decades.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Texas_tower_shooting

And you have Dillinger and Bonnie & Clyde and "Machinegun Kelly" and that sort of thing during the 30`s.  But to have a 17yr old or 30yr old go into a school and shoot it up is more of a 21st century problem. 

You can`t compare other peoples of the world and their crime rates anymore that you can compare the gains of Angus feeder cattle to Hereford feeder cattle to Holstein feeder cattle...and if you have sickly uncared for Angus cattle, the well cared for Holsteins would out gain them.  Too many variables.  In short, yes there are absolutely no mass shootings in federal prison, but who among you want to live in federal prison?....yeah, I don`t see any takers, but hey while in prison, you`ll be safe from mass shootings.   You might get shanked, beaten up, raped...but no chance of being a victim of a mass shooter.

I am not a Neil deGrasse-Tyson fan, however as a scientist his first impression of El Passo was spot on.  He of course had to apologize for being a sensible scientist.

In the past 48hrs, the USA horrifically lost 34 people to mass shootings. On average, across any 48hrs, we also lose… 500 to Medical errors 300 to the Flu 250 to Suicide 200 to Car Accidents 40 to Homicide via Handgun Often our emotions respond more to spectacle than to data.

Advisor

BA, the crisis in America seems to be mental illness. Even the medical error deaths, and especially suicides would be linked.

I don't know of any progressive types that don't exhibit some degree of mental illness, whether it is TDS or full fledged tick tock coocoo clock status, or both. 

Honored Advisor

Hey Red, it seems as the WWII generation dies off, we`ve became less moral as a nation.  Can`t smoke cigarettes, but you can smoke pot, you have to bake a gay cake, but you can kneel and even burn the American flag on and on.  But those are symptoms of the disease.   If you use "Johnny Carson" as the baseline, I watch reruns of his old shows, watch and hour of Johnny and then watch 15 minutes (if you can stomach that much) of Jimmy Kimmel and see how far in the sewer we`ve slid.  And some of these damned fools watch hours and hours of Colbert for their "news".  Some probably watch it and are okay, but some go nuts and act on it.  It`s like `Invasion of the Body Snatchers` out there. 

Now I hear on the news a copycat nut tried to shoot up a Walmart in Missouri, but was thankfully stopped.