cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bruce MN
Advisor

4 out of 5

I've seen this story featured at numerous sources this monring and no one has brought it up here or interjected it into any conversations, although it might well be be relevant to some of them:

http://money.msn.com/now/post--4-out-5-americans-feel-the-sting-of-insecurity

9 Replies
hardnox604008
Advisor

Re: 4 out of 5

As per the Kissinger speech of some time back, the serfs and knaves don't matter, it is when the knights and lesser nobles begin to get restless that the crown needs to worry.

20% covers the people who matter well enough and they are acting pre-emptively to exert more control over the masses. There is a lot of ruin to be extracted from a nation before it goes up in smoke.

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

This is the perfect scenario for the rise of a hitleresque totalitarian Central Control regime, much like we have now.
Many of the pee-ons want it, and by gum, we are going to get it....,. Right up the backsides!
hardnox604008
Advisor

After spending a week (mostly) quietly listening to suburban white professionals talk about the state of things I'm more certain than ever that many in the favored 20% would be more than happy to go along with fascism if they thought it was the only way for them to maintain the advantage they believe they've earned.

As in Germany, that is the essential element- the elite has to quietly want it and then co-opt a significant portion of the lower orders in the pursuit of it.

Actually, they're already halfway there, I'm guessing. Don't recall a mention of NSA but heard a lot of complaining about Obamacare, regulation, da guvmint.

Heard a lot of complaining about the budget, didn't hear a peep about the $5 trillion on the wars, NSA and DHS.

We have the set up in place- a quiescent upper class and an angry armed portion of the lower.

johnaa
Advisor

"Heard a lot of complaining about the budget, didn't hear a peep about the $5 trillion on the wars, NSA and DHS."  

Have you read Animal Farm?    When ever the few smarter animals started to raise questions about the pigs activities, the pigs used the dumbest animals by setting them to bleating and squawking about some ginned up thing, creating a racket that got the next dumbest critters joining in until the not so dumb animals could not discuss the issues with each other and the dumber critters and gave up.     That's what I see here and else where.

A tactic as old as government I imagine.

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

You may be weary!

Women do get weary wearing that same shabby dress.

But for tonight now, try a little tenderness.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

I think the side effects of free trade are kicking in.   It took awhile and the paper wealth effect from equities had numbed the blow a bit, but a country just can`t be running these trade deficits, ship good jobs overseas, then "do each other`s laundry" and expect that to continue.  We don`t even want to pick or own vegetables or do laundry anymore, that`s "Jobs Americans won`t do" so we have illegals do that.  If we could have a system where we print money to import things from around the world and bring in illegals to do the rest and just print up money to live on, that really would be quite a scheme.  But that`s what the politicans that have been elected the past 30 yrs have thought would work.

ollie2655
Senior Contributor

Re:its trickle up demonrat style

where the gov people and millionares get rich and everyone eles suffers and obalmoites are pros at it

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

As if you were living above the poverty level!  Truth be known, your poor as a church mouse! Thanks to your lousy GOP.

johnaa
Advisor

It's easy to identify the statests, it's always---we we we we.